What Do You Do With Your Eyeglasses on Thrill Rides?

Shigg. W. McGee

I usually keep my glasses on, sometimes I hold on to them if I feel like they could fly off. I've never had a problem at Disneyland. I'd never put them in my pocket because I'm paranoid about scratching them.

Figments Friend

I need to put you on Tatsu at Magic Mountain with your glasses on. I want to see if they stay on.

kpie4k-b78511304z120090530225051000gbui1j0f1lg.jpg

Ha ha ha....nice!

That would be a tough one to get me to agree to ride on, simply because I am not a 'inversions coaster' fan.

'Space Mountain' is about as close as I can get when it comes to coasters.
I've never liked steep drops and can't handle the more 'hardcore' coaster experiences, but I love 'Big Thunder Mountain' and Disneyland's 'Space'.

My glasses I bet would love to ride Tatsu though.
Just not with me...on my face!
:D

-

Magic Feather

Sunglasses should be fine on rides, as well as glasses, but I can not reccomend enough having a strap. I personally prefer Neckz because of the rubberized, waterproof nature of them, but a variety of them exist from nylon to wire. Even with the cord, though, it is always a good idea to do the basic test of wearing your glasses, looking straight down and shaking your head (with something to catch or soften the blow for the glasses if they are insecure). If they stay on, they should stick with you through pretty much anything.
Also, re: Tatsu, I have worn sunglasses on Manta (the SWO B&M Flyer) multiple times with no casualties.

Phroobar

Ha ha ha....nice!

That would be a tough one to get me to agree to ride on, simply because I am not a 'inversions coaster' fan.

'Space Mountain' is about as close as I can get when it comes to coasters.
I've never liked steep drops and can't handle the more 'hardcore' coaster experiences, but I love 'Big Thunder Mountain' and Disneyland's 'Space'.

My glasses I bet would love to ride Tatsu though.
Just not with me...on my face!
:D

-
First and last time I rode Tatsu, I threw up. I didn't like laying on my stomach the whole time. Doing it 100ft in the air was bad enough.

mickEblu

Due to having a toddler hanging off of me half the time, I have a terrible habit of putting my glasses in my back pocket and I end up forgetting and sitting on them 1/3 of the time. Luckily they are very lightweight and flexible.

Darkbeer1

I tend to wear contacts when I know I am going to be riding Coasters/Thrill Rides. And my Sunglasses are on a strap.

But if I am wearing my glasses, and it is mandatory to remove them, they end up in my Man Bag, or in my wife's. Not a fan of putting them in pockets. Seen too many items fly out of pockets, including my wife's Smart Phone at Kings Dominion. It was returned a month later, in working condition. The Tempered Glass protector did its job.

I also always care a spare pair of Contacts in my Man Bag, just in case for any reason. I have lost a screw holding my temple more than once. Now an eyeglass repair kit is in our glove box.

smooch

I don't wear eyeglasses but I almost always go to the parks during the summer so I wear sunglasses basically every day I'm in the parks. That being said, I always have a backpack when I go to the parks because I'm diabetic and use it to carry around medical supplies. I also use it to carry my camera, an extra hoodie in case it gets cold in the evening, and any snacks / drinks / etc. I make sure I bring my sunglasses case and just toss them into the case and toss the case into my backpack when I get either to an indoor section of the queue or towards the front of the line. That way the frame doesn't get damaged and the lenses don't get scratched: I learned that lesson a long time ago. My favorite pair of Ray-Bans has a tiny scratch on the lens that I can just barely notice enough to bother me when I wear them.

Robbiem

I usually wear my glasses and if its a rough ride I sometimes hold the bridge while I ride if I dont have a strap.

the one place you definitely need a strap is typhoon lagoon, even with one be prepared for chaos in the wave pool 😃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom