Survivor S40: Winners at War

manmythlegend

Cutest individual kid - Tyson’s.
Cutest “brood” - the Marianos, of course.

Tyson's daughter is adorable. Anyone know if Tyson is with the mother of his daughter? Their reunion was a bit odd and even Jeff noticed. Plus, we've heard Tyson talk a lot about his daughter but not about a relationship with anyone.

PUSH

Original Poster
Tyson's daughter is adorable. Anyone know if Tyson is with the mother of his daughter? Their reunion was a bit odd and even Jeff noticed. Plus, we've heard Tyson talk a lot about his daughter but not about a relationship with anyone.
Yes, they are still together. Rachel played on Blood vs Water with Tyson, but was voted out very early.

PUSH

Original Poster
quitters don't gain!

but how did the participants not expect the family portion? unless they expedited everyone's passports after the contestants left?
I'm not sure whether you're talking about the ones in the game, or the EoE. Before the season, the contestant lists options for loved ones. I believe they all have to go through the process of getting passports, etc, even if they don't get to go. This is also the earliest they've ever had the family visit, which led to more surprise.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not sure whether you're talking about the ones in the game, or the EoE. Before the season, the contestant lists options for loved ones. I believe they all have to go through the process of getting passports, etc, even if they don't get to go. This is also the earliest they've ever had the family visit, which led to more surprise.

Yes, but when you do that.. you don't normally list your small children, etc :)

PUSH

Original Poster
Yes, but when you do that.. you don't normally list your small children, etc :)
They knew ahead of time that children would be allowed to come. Tyson said he wanted his daughter to come as his loved one, and Jeff told him they would need to open it up to everyone then. The surprise was that it was so soon. I don't remember which player said that. I think it may have been Sarah.

Wendy Pleakley

At first, my cold black heart was annoyed at how much time was being spent on the extended loved ones visit, but then they got me. It was well done and a nice distinguishing moment for a landmark season.

The only downside is losing the strategic importance of the loved ones challenge. Many people argue it's a challenge one should not try and win, because it can highlight which relationships are stronger, and anyone who is excluded from that challenge might be persuaded to make a move because they're hurt on an emotional level, and are realizing where they stand in an alliance.

JPPT1974

Really glad yesterday's show was great. Too bad the people on E.I. did not get a feast but a visit from their loved ones helped them get over that. While kids and youth reaction into thinking they would be participating was a riot there. They broke tradition. Jeff P was funny!

manmythlegend

Really glad yesterday's show was great. Too bad the people on E.I. did not get a feast but a visit from their loved ones helped them get over that. While kids and youth reaction into thinking they would be participating was a riot there. They broke tradition. Jeff P was funny!

As soon as Jeff said the parents would be swimming while the little ones would be left on shore, I knew Jeff was full of crap. You could see some of the little kids start to freak out.

NYwdwfan

Food auction - yes.
Gross food challenge - no. 🤮

Remember when James got the bat soup and ate it anyway?!

By the way, Nick's wife is absolutely smoking!

And Denise is soooo tiny!! I thought her daughter was WAY older than 15 at first. Beautiful to see all their families. Maybe being isolated currently from our parents/sister/friends made it hit a little harder but man I cried!!

That's true. The one part of EoE is that it feels like they are the ones having to play classic survivor. A lot of monotony and a lack of food.

The best was when they kept sending Sugar and the “Sugar Shack” was a shelter with loads of fruit! “Please don’t throw me in that briar patch!”

artvandelay

I think Jeremy was right to leave tribal. According to Rob and Stephen (Survivor Know it Alls podcast) this was the last tribal he could use it. Also, when the whispering and scrambling began, nobody involved Jeremy.

Sarah is playing a good game again.

Rob and Stephen were talking about the weird vote breakdown and said Michele probably voted for Denise or Tyson. Any confirmation of this? I looked online and couldn’t find the vote breakdown for last night.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I think Jeremy was right to leave tribal. According to Rob and Stephen (Survivor Know it Alls podcast) this was the last tribal he could use it. Also, when the whispering and scrambling began, nobody involved Jeremy.

Rob and Stephen were talking about the weird vote breakdown and said Michele probably voted for Denise or Tyson. Any confirmation of this? I looked online and couldn’t find the vote breakdown for last night.
From the Wiki page.

67697242-E15D-4DF1-8ABF-9C906F7C0B65.png

PUSH

Original Poster

Michele and Nick voted for Denise. I think Michele was in on it. It would make sense why only 2 votes ended up on Denise then.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Michele and Nick voted for Denise. I think Michele was in on it. It would make sense why only 2 votes ended up on Denise then.
The Wiki page, for what it’s worth, says Michele voted for Tyson. Sarah had two votes and split them between Denise and Tyson.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Wiki page, for what it’s worth, says Michele voted for Tyson. Sarah had two votes and split them between Denise and Tyson.
A tweet I saw last night said Michele voted for Denise. They got their info from the Suvivor Wiki page. But Sarah splitting votes between Denise and Tyson makes more sense than putting both her votes on Tyson. Regardless, I think Michele was in on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom