Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Kman101

Exactly what I meant. They'll do something there eventually, even if it's tear the whole thing down and build something completely unrelated. It could be 15 years from now, but the current ride won't stay there FOREVER.

No it won't stay as is forever, lol.

It's also always one of the ones they seem to push back, so who knows?

But since it's usually walk on and pulls in crowds when the park is packed I could see why they keep putting off doing something there. But eventually it needs to get some attention of some kind. The vehicles are aging, the ride is aging. It gets very little attention from what I can tell, not that it's in awful shape per say but I also don't ride it very often ... common sense says they have to address it at some point. But I imagine a lot of things are off the table right now and pushed back.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I absolutely hate that this idea keeps coming up. Waldo is perfect in that annoying animated creation role in Muppets.

Figment is not meant to be annoying or animated.

I didnt say figment wasn’t meant to be annoying. But if he’s gonna stay annoying, he might as well be adopted by the muppets where his annoyingness would make more sense/be useful and constructive.

Cmdr_Crimson

Figment is not meant to be annoying or animated.
Figment was animated well before this...In the former science section of the original version there was a fish eye lens that had Figment morphing and floating around..The animation was reused in the 3rd version in Figments house in the living room tv..
5e9b3-11.jpg

Plus in 1988 they made a bunch of Educational films with Figment..

Admiral01

Premium Member
Figment was animated well before this...In the former science section of the original version there was a fish eye lens that had Figment morphing and floating around..The animation was reused in the 3rd version in Figments house in the living room tv..
5e9b3-11.jpg

Plus in 1988 they made a bunch of Educational films with Figment..

Good point. I stand corrected on the animation part. His pre-Channing animation was actually very cute. Thanks for pointing that out.

I stand by the rest of my statement. I would hate to have Figment as the annoying animated creature in Muppets.

No Name

The people at PIXAR do seem to be pretty big Figment fans... in addition to the cameos he had in Inside Out and Toy Story 4, I couldn't help but notice that the mascot of Ian's school in Onward looks very much like a green version of Figment.
Doc McStuffins has a toy that looks a bit like Figment and is apparently partially based on him.

Not sure why I know that.

RobWDW1971

I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that we're most likely never going to see a worthwhile attraction in this pavilion ever again. That being said, if they were to just refresh what's there it would still be better than nothing.
Bulldoze and start over. Once you lost the rotating scene section, this jury rigged mess was doomed from the start. Trying to tweak and bolt things on is the problem.

Cmdr_Crimson

Doc McStuffins has a toy that looks a bit like Figment and is apparently partially based on him.

Not sure why I know that.
That would be Stuffy...Voiced by Robbie Rist who did Michelangelo in the TMNT live action films and for you old schoolers Brady Bunch's Cousin Oliver...
latest

I Had thought he was inspired by The Reluctant Dragon due to his ears or horns.
7088623-reluctantdragongrppicnic.png

No Name

That would be Stuffy...Voiced by Robbie Rist who did Michelangelo in the TMNT live action films and for you old schoolers Brady Bunch's Cousin Oliver...
latest

I Had thought he was inspired by The Reluctant Dragon due to his ears or horns.
7088623-reluctantdragongrppicnic.png

The first time I saw him I thought he looked like Figment, so naturally, I scoured the internet for a single source that fit my viewpoint and rejected all sources that went against it. The wonder of the internet! Yes, you can find things that say he is based on The Reluctant Dragon too.

Brer Oswald

I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that we're most likely never going to see a worthwhile attraction in this pavilion ever again. That being said, if they were to just refresh what's there it would still be better than nothing.
I think that’s a little drastic coming from someone who’s is younger than the current incarnation of the attraction.

DoleWhipDrea

Semantics aside, the crux of DFG’s point is that the leadership at Disney hasn’t prioritized this attraction with any sensibility since the original attraction’s creation. WDI was careless when they made the first change. The current iteration was a desperate temporary appeasement that the pavilion ended up getting stuck with for far too long. With the focus on IP being the only things management will greenlight, and recurring surveys asking EPCOT guests if they know who Figment is, makes one question if anyone working at Disney actually understands what gold they’re just sitting on.

The silver lining is that someone new is going to eventually be named head of Parks and Resorts (and, uh, merchandise...) now that Bob Chapek has gotten his promotion. Who will it be? When will it happen? If it’s someone who has been a part of the Disney Parks for some time, and has any love for EPCOT’s history, we may just get lucky.

Whoever gets the job will be thrust into quite a situation with the park closures, plans on or off the table, WDW’s 50th, etc. It will be interesting to see who gets the role and what their priorities will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom