Trip Report The “No Trip” Trip Report *COMPLETED*

There are pre-trip reports.

There are trip reports.

I’d like to welcome you to what I believe might be the first “No Trip” trip report.

My name is Tuvalu. Ok, that’s not my real name (it’s not “Shirley” either 😉) but it’s how I’m known here on WDWMagic. For the past six years I have contributed a lot of trip reports in this forum. A lot! Along the way I have met so many wonderful people and made new friends, some of whom I have had the privilege of meeting in person. Honestly the reason why I write is for you, the reader, because I cherish our interactions. (Getting to re-live my trip is just a bonus!)

My husband Woody, my daughter Em and I were supposed to be leaving for our Spring Break trip to WDW tomorrow. Of course we are sad we cannot go (and our doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe) but remain confident we WILL get to go back sometime in the future.

I had been contemplating going “live” for our trip. Woody and Em are not fans of my reporting “live” since my attention is diverted from enjoying vacation with them. However this idea for a “No Trip” trip report came straight from Woody himself!

So for the next week, if you‘d like to Journey into My Imagination and read about what could have been, I’ll be here.

5DA90856-676D-4566-A037-FCC623AE42B9.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, April 4

C3C9DB42-BA44-4B15-8714-B2F7D4711CA7.png

1CE3C1ED-321E-4BBC-A014-80CC2FC85F1F.gif

We were up before dawn. Em spent the night at our house to make logistics easier. Woody made coffee to-go for himself and Em before loading the car. We said our goodbyes to Poly and Kona (don’t worry, they’re being well cared for!) and began the first leg of our journey.

Always the first song we listen to when we hit the interstate!

B941ACE9-4E3A-4BD5-B69E-BD1949842188.png

90 minutes later and we are having breakfast at our traditional spot.

F108D74F-C250-4373-8395-A1657DA37F90.png

Em gets the chicken minis. Woody and I are chicken biscuit people.

We top off the tank at the Kroger fuel across the street and begin the dull trek through South Georgia.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I also decided it would be a great idea to rent some vacation club points for a 10 night stay at the Polynesian (through DVC rental store) for my May trip after thinking about it for my other trips. Of course, I would choose to make this leap during a pandemic thereby losing all my money!!!!
Looking forward to reading this "not a trip" trip report.
We could start a “I gambled with DVC points and lost” club. :arghh:

Man, three pages in already?!?

I’m late, but I’m in!

The Joey gif paid your late fee! :hilarious:

Late but here. 4 walls and 4 kids closing in around me. I could use the escape of a Tuvalu report!!! Thank you for this “No trip” report.
I refuse to believe that life with your adorable kiddos isn’t always 🦄 and 🌈 !!

Thank you for doing this! I am definitely in. This is the sort of happy distraction I need.
Thank you for your encouragement!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
For all the $$$ we have spent flying Chicago to Orlando you'd think the airlines will survive this pandemic.
This comment made me LOL!
Sorry about your cancelled trip. ☹ But we are peas in a pod when it comes to frequent Disney visits. I’m surprised we didn’t cross paths in Nov, Dec or Feb!
How lucky you were to receive some DVC housekeeping pixie dust! 🧚

Following along and looking forward to reading. Love that your kids grew up with Disney. Mine too, first visits at 20 months, 9 months, 4 months and 9 months for the 4 of them. Then at least once a year since. So glad we got our fix in January, feel sad for everyone that’s had to cancel.
I’m happy you went in January since you now have the additional challenge of flying from overseas.

I’m in too!!! 🥳 sorry about having to cancel your trip but I’m excited to read your “no trip, trip report” all the same!!
Welcome!

We too cancelled for May. Put me in a funk all week.
8A7E42B7-8050-43B3-A4B1-4979292664ED.jpeg

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Saturday, April 4

View attachment 460704

View attachment 460706

We were up before dawn. Em spent the night at our house to make logistics easier. Woody made coffee to-go for himself and Em before loading the car. We said our goodbyes to Poly and Kona (don’t worry, they’re being well cared for!) and began the first leg of our journey.

Always the first song we listen to when we hit the interstate!

View attachment 460696

90 minutes later and we are having breakfast at our traditional spot.

View attachment 460697

Em gets the chicken minis. Woody and I are chicken biscuit people.

We top off the tank at the Kroger fuel across the street and begin the dull trek through South Georgia.

There is just something about that long stretch from 475 to the Florida Welcome Center that is just eat up with boredom, and billboards. While having a pretend OJ at the welcome center, (hey its pretend so we can pretend they still serve OJ to weary travelers) have one for us.

krisri18

Wow! I'm seriously late to this party! My utmost apologies, work is crazy with all the cherubs home all day everyday and everyone working 18+ hour shifts. A Tuvalu non-trip trip report sounds like the perfect way to unwind!
giphy.gif

Ghostdog

Oooooo...Chic-Fil-A yummy; we have a couple of those popping up here in Michigan and we are so thankful that we live semi-close (within so minutes) of one.

Great start to your NTTR!

skyphotographer

There is just something about that long stretch from 475 to the Florida Welcome Center that is just eat up with boredom, and billboards. While having a pretend OJ at the welcome center, (hey its pretend so we can pretend they still serve OJ to weary travelers) have one for us.
I live just off of 475, that's where my journey usually begins. My next trip was to start on May 11, its not looking too good.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Made it through the drudgery of South Georgia.

Palm trees for you, @Darstarr!

142DB8E5-BD53-4D0F-A7E1-12754ADE9CEF.png

@epcotisbest there was no OJ in the welcome center. So that you aren’t totally bummed out, we chose our lunch location in your honor.

9379E5A0-826D-4F8C-97D9-665ECB91F955.png

Lunch special ~ pulled pork on garlic toast with fries. I’m sure you would have had to sub baked beans for the fries. Not sure if you can partake of garlic toast either. Probably best you weren’t with us.

6EA112BB-82B4-47EA-86E4-C689175EE13E.png

My turn to take over the driving. Next stop, WDW!!

KILUMTL123

Something to look forward to! I just can't cancel my trip yet. May 5 - 12. Beach Club. Hoping for a miracle. Reading everyone's trip reports, real or not, keeps me sane. Thanks for bringing a little magic at a much needed time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom