Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

We have bread that expired yesterday, but I'm going to be a rebel again and still eat it tonight. I'm going to make pizza pockets. I'm not actually sure if that's a thing, or something my family does. Essentially it's grilled cheese, but with pizza toppings. It's really good.
We used to make "Pizza burgers" when I was a kid. You take hamburger buns and open them up, spread pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni or burger, mushrooms, whatever on them and bake them. Everyone can have their own toppings that they like. We always did that for birthday parties.

Songbird76

It's a solid ride, but not one I'd be devastated if I didn't get on. It's below the great dark rides like HM, PotC, and PPF. But above ones like Pooh and Nemo.
I'd say it's about even with Nemo for me, but I don't really like Pooh. We skipped it last trip. But I can't imagine skipping Carrots or Haunted mansion. I could skip PPF if I HAD to, but I wouldn't skip it voluntarily. IASW is up there for me, too...I was so sad the first time we took the kids and it was down for refurbishment.

Songbird76

Pooh is something I can do once every three trips and be okay. I was not happy when my aunt made us get Pooh FPs over HM one night.
That's practically criminal!!! Pooh over HM??? WHY? And was this when you were a kid and didn't have a choice? I'd have split up at that point if someone insisted on doing that. I'd just say "Ok, have fun! I'm going to HM! Meet you later!"

NYwdwfan

A friend is getting tested today. Last saw him 17 days ago. His only symptom is yesterday he noticed he can’t taste anything. He’s FDNY so the likelihood of it being positive is pretty high. His wife works in daycare but thankfully the center closed about 2 weeks ago. Scary stuff.

Songbird76

They aren't testing here unless you have to go to the hospital as far as I know, It's possible my daughter has it. She has a slight fever and is coughing up a storm, but is otherwise ok for the most part. But when I called the doctor yesterday, they didn't say much except to call back if she had trouble breathing and her temp spiked. I don't know where she would have gotten it though....she's been out of the house exactly once in the last week or so and that was to go grocery shopping with me because she was so tired of being inside. But we used hand sanitizer, they sanitize the carts in between uses, and we kept our distance from other people. I'm the only one who has had to leave the house to work and to get groceries...so where in the heck did she pick something up?? If anyone was going to get sick, I would have expected it to be me.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
They aren't testing here unless you have to go to the hospital as far as I know, It's possible my daughter has it. She has a slight fever and is coughing up a storm, but is otherwise ok for the most part. But when I called the doctor yesterday, they didn't say much except to call back if she had trouble breathing and her temp spiked. I don't know where she would have gotten it though....she's been out of the house exactly once in the last week or so and that was to go grocery shopping with me because she was so tired of being inside. But we used hand sanitizer, they sanitize the carts in between uses, and we kept our distance from other people. I'm the only one who has had to leave the house to work and to get groceries...so where in the heck did she pick something up?? If anyone was going to get sick, I would have expected it to be me.
It could be you - up to 25% of cases show no symptoms. Silent carriers. Or, she could have touched something, ANYTHING really, on a shelf at the grocery store that an infected person had touched days earlier.

Or, she just has a cold.

If it turns out to be a mild case of COVID, and she manages not to spread it to the rest of you, that may be good for her in the long run, as she will have developed antibodies to it.

Songbird76

It could be you - up to 25% of cases show no symptoms. Silent carriers. Or, she could have touched something, ANYTHING really, on a shelf at the grocery store that an infected person had touched days earlier.

Or, she just has a cold.

If it turns out to be a mild case of COVID, and she manages not to spread it to the rest of you, that may be good for her in the long run, as she will have developed antibodies to it.
Yeah, I've thought about that, but then why is she the only one sick? My son stays pretty isolated in his room, but my husband not so much. Or maybe he's still in the incubation period. I doubt both of us are asymptomatic, but I guess anything is possible.

trr1

In PA U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) is encouraging residents to wear masks when going out in public.
“The CDC is right to clarify its guidance to encourage Americans to wear masks when they must venture out of their homes, even if they are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
I have mine hope it works
1585942976321.png

PUSH

Original Poster
I had to go to school today to pass out materials to families. The materials will take us through May 15th. Everyone kept their distance while talking, but you never know. However, it was good to see my kids again. Not all of them came, but I talked to a lot of them. From a distance. The only people I came close to were my coworkers. But even then I tried to keep my distance.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I had to go to school today to pass out materials to families. The materials will take us through May 15th. Everyone kept their distance while talking, but you never know. However, it was good to see my kids again. Not all of them came, but I talked to a lot of them. From a distance. The only people I came close to were my coworkers. But even then I tried to keep my distance.

I've gone into school the last couple of days. Our principal wanted us to have paper packets for our non-internet kids for April to send home next week . He told us to go ahead and prepare work through the end of the year so I did. I've been able to talk/email many of my kids and that has been nice.

PUSH

Original Poster
I've gone into school the last couple of days. Our principal wanted us to have paper packets for our non-internet kids for April to send home next week . He told us to go ahead and prepare work through the end of the year so I did. I've been able to talk/email many of my kids and that has been nice.
Next week I am going to set up a Google Meet for us to... well, meet. Just to chat and see each other. We were originally instructed to prepare a week's work of material to send home, then each Friday we'd send something home. We thought that was dumb, so every grade level prepared a month or more.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Next week I am going to set up a Google Meet for us to... well, meet. Just to chat and see each other. We were originally instructed to prepare a week's work of material to send home, then each Friday we'd send something home. We thought that was dumb, so every grade level prepared a month or more.

It would be dumb to just go week by week. That's why when he told us to go ahead and prepare through the end of the year I figured I might as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom