Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

Exactly. Even when the parks were crowded I’ve never been within 6 feet of people on hiking trails in a state or national park. I can’t imagine walking a hiking trail has a major risk.

Yes we want to be careful, but we shouldn’t be expected to remain in solitary confinement for a month... that’s not healthy at all.

You have obviously never hiked the Diamond Head trail in the last decade. I have never seen so many people on a trail before. This is not my photo, just one I found on Google. Now, most of us aren't on Oahu, but even here at Rocky Mountain, the most popular trails 1-3 mile stuff, we were constantly passing people who were coming back down. We visited Zion last, about 15 years ago, and some of those trails were pretty full as well. The paved portion of the Narrows, last half mile of Angels Landing. Things like that. So as all things YMMV.

1585934988406.png

21stamps

You have to check with the servicer of your loan. The bill doesn’t specify how the extra payments will be made. I’ve seen a few of the larger mortgage servicers (Wells Fargo, Chase, BoA) say they will work with customers to determine how the funds would be repaid including options to allow borrowers to extend their mortgage by adding the missed months to the end or opt to make additional payments over a period of months to make up for it. I haven’t seen any banks that said they plan to make the payment due immediately after the 180 days are up, but it’s possible some will. The 3 listed above service more than a third of the mortgages out there.

Did the bill put mandates on all banks? Or just the federal loans?

21stamps

You specifically mentioned cities and areas in which people don't have a private yard. I'm pretty sure @LittleBuford is referencing that and stating that a walk around the block is better than nothing.

Ok so all of your earlier posts were hypothetical, not what’s really happening anywhere in the US? This is what I’m trying to figure out. You specifically said that leaders had to set these restrictions due to the rules breakers, had it happened or no?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Then talk to the people who are breaking the rules. Seriously. More and more things are needing to be shuttered because as things close, people are finding other areas to congregate in and are doing so. Don't blame the rule-makers...they're only doing what they have to.
Cuomo mentioned this yesterday on TV. NY left the parks open and asked people to just social distance. They kept having people show up to play basketball. Unless you are like me in my one year playing organized basketball and you just stand around but nobody passes you the ball, it’s not social distancing at all. They asked them to stop, but more showed up. The cops are short staffed with so many out sick. They don’t have time to police parks to make sure people are 6 feet apart. They closed the parks.

ImperfectPixie

Ok so all of your earlier posts were hypothetical, not what’s really happening anywhere in the US? This is what I’m trying to figure out. You specifically said that leaders had to set these restrictions due to the rules breakers, had it happened or no?
No...we're seeing more and more areas of the public shut down because people aren't following social distancing rules. The message has shifted from encouraging people to go out to public areas to one of "stay home - you're safer there"...specifically because people aren't following the rules.

21stamps

Cuomo mentioned this yesterday on TV. NY left the parks open and asked people to just social distance. They kept having people show up to play basketball. Unless you are like me in my one year playing organized basketball and you just stand around but nobody passes you the ball, it’s not social distancing at all. They asked them to stop, but more showed up. The cops are short staffed with so many out sick. They don’t have time to police parks to make sure people are 6 feet apart. They closed the parks.

All parks in New York State?

I know that many areas were taking down basketball hoops, which is understandable, playgrounds are also closed, and have been for quite some time.
I’m just really hoping that states are not mandating for every park to be closed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did the bill put mandates on all banks? Or just the federal loans?
Any federally owned loan (which is > 90% since the credit crisis in 2008) is mandated to be covered. If you have a non-conforming or jumbo loan (over $500K in principle) it’s not required but every bank has individual processes for hardship forbearance during normal times. The banks are not required to give you extra time, but most will and they will work with you on a plan to restructure the loan. It costs a bank much more to foreclose or sell your house in a short sale. They would much rather have you continue to make payments.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
hmmm...they don't have exercise listed as an essential activity here...or paddle-boarding doesn't count as exercise...

Edit: probably b/c beaches are closed.

AND... he refused the direction of a lifeguard. If he took the warning and just left, he wouldn't have been fined.

ImperfectPixie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom