News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Goofy213

I thought that Enchanted Tales attendance was vastly down compared to when it opened? Does anyone know what it's daily numbers are like? Just saying I think it would be a huge mistake to duplicate a failed attraction again with such a beloved character.

Bocabear

Just curious, why does it "deserve" an E ticket? Not even Snow White got that treatment when they built a ride for it.
An extremely successful and beloved IP no doubt... but that is not important anymore in this day and age... point is, whatever they end up building in EPCOT should be the best possible iteration, not a crappy meet and greet... EPCOT was never completed from it's opening day, missing attractions that were announced back in the early 80s. now 40+ years later it depends on festivals because they let it languish...
Much like they did with Hollywood Studios until it only had 5 attractions in the whole park (excl shows). At this moment EPCOT has less rides than they had 30 years ago...by now and with the prices we pay, this park should not have only been completed to it's 1990 plan, but expanded in a meaningful way...

Rich Brownn

I thought that Enchanted Tales attendance was vastly down compared to when it opened? Does anyone know what it's daily numbers are like? Just saying I think it would be a huge mistake to duplicate a failed attraction again with such a beloved character.
Always seems to have a 45 minute wait when I walk by

Epcot82Guy

I haven't seen the numbers in awhile, so I can't opine there.

I do think it's a matter of perspective. If you look at Enchanted Tales as a replacement of a meet and greet, it's a much better version. It has more in depth. It lets you interact with the character more personally and with a higher capacity.

If it's a replacement for an attraction, I think the Frozen Singalong is a much better version. It has a theater set up. It adds something fresh to a beloved IP. And, the theater capacity is much closer to a small attraction.

So, in this case, I think the sing along could be ok - plus a well done full attraction, of course. A meet and greet or Enchanted Tales would not. (Again, just my $0.02).

DoleWhipDrea

Long before any Poppins ride was announced I just wanted a well done theme park greatest hits stage show based on the original. So many good songs. Thirty five/forty minutes long. It would diversify the entertainment portfolio of EPCOT.

Not quite the same, but Disneyland’s Soundsational Parade’s ending had an amazing sequence with the chimney sweeps dancing to “Step In Time” and I wish something like that could be replicated in the UK section.

Jones14

Long before any Poppins ride was announced I just wanted a well done theme park greatest hits stage show based on the original. So many good songs. Thirty five/forty minutes long. It would diversify the entertainment portfolio of EPCOT.
They’ve got an in-universe venue to do so if that’s the route they wanted to take. Build the Royal Doulton Music Hall, take a few songs from Returns and a few songs from the original to make a thirty minute revue.

As we’ve seen with Runaway Railway, they could do large-scale sets with mapping on them to achieve the cartoon look, and I’m sure they could pull off some trickery to include things like the penguins alongside the performers.

Plus, there’s no convoluted plot needed to make it all happen. Mary’s at the hall that day, and she’s going to sing for us.

RoyalPrinceLeon

I am excited about the changes happening to epcot. UK needed an attraction. While I'm hoping for classic Marry to get the representation, since she is perfect in every way. I keep seeing modern Marry in concept art. ☂

WDWYankee15

I am excited about the changes happening to epcot. UK needed an attraction. While I'm hoping for classic Marry to get the representation, since she is perfect in every way. I keep seeing modern Marry in concept art. ☂
Don't get too excited. Many of the plans, whether they were fully fleshed out and greenlit or not, will be on hold indefinitely. Disney parks are filled with (rather not filled with) tons of great ideas, some completely announced that never ended up happening. Put on the shelve. Most never come back off, they're just not as lucky as Wheezy.
Screen-Shot-2016-07-12-at-11.43.14-AM-1468338402.png

Kman101

I'd take a theater and a stage show over a meet and greet. You can meet her regardless so ... really kinda disappointed so many on here (not you George!) seem to accept the bare minimum as just fine with them. They fail to understand these parks need to continue expanding and offering more to do.

But I imagine nothing gets built with Poppins and that kinda sucks. But who knows?

And to others ... WDW got a meet and greet and a restaurant for Beauty and the Beast while Tokyo builds a gorgeous e-ticket (not to mention Rapunzel gets one and Peter Pan gets a new one). That tells you all you need to know about where the focus is at WDW, specifically the Magic Kingdom.

No Name

There‘s always a line for it, so disregarding when the line empties at night, attendance is the same as when it opened. A 15 minute line and a 150 minute line both have the same attendance per hour. Perhaps demand or ratings have changed, but attendance has not.

wdrive

There‘s always a line for it, so disregarding when the line empties at night, attendance is the same as when it opened. A 15 minute line and a 150 minute line both have the same attendance per hour. Perhaps demand or ratings have changed, but attendance has not.

Not if they half capacity

peter11435

Did they not a few years ago? My memory might be getting fuzzy but I’m almost certain they did, although no idea how long for
They didn’t. There has always been two rooms. Obviously they sometimes run only one room due to maintenance, technical difficulties, custodial, staffing, etc. But as a general rule they still run both rooms. Well, they did when they were open anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom