News OBJ Disney Acquires More Land Near Magic Kingdom

Disneyson

Good for them to take it just in case. Prices are probably cheaper now. And it also gives the fans something to chew on.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is the parcel. It's actually 45 acres, 26 is the actual land area not counting the lake.

1585761577694.png

Here is the parcel they purchased last year..

1585761680831.png

Wonder if this land could be related to the high speed rail for a terminal and transportation??

The train is coming from the east where MCO is, this property is in the west, they will use part of i4. I think this is why they decided to be the last part of the i4 upgrade. Disney doesn't want more residential development that close on the west side. They are planing something big in flamingo crossing, people are calling it Disney Springs 2.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If I remember correctly, this land is adjacent, or close to the existing WDW solar farm. So maybe they'll expand it? Or just bought it to ensure no one else will build next to it. 🤷‍♀️
Agreed. Looks like a defensive move to stem further encroachment in the NW...

It's also not far from the fireworks storage facility... maybe Disney is planning to open their own fireworks factory....
1585839511894.png

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Ha! Interesting. If only history could show us! The home/building looks to be in pretty bad disrepair. Given the relatively dead clearing around it, not much grass or anything, I wonder if Reedy Lake flooded into the surrounding area at some point forcing the owners from staying.
View attachment 460404
Metal roof looks in good shape and they have more grass than I do, couple of fruit trees as well. The property sales record on the tax rolls might tell who it was that built the house

Lilofan

Ha! Interesting. If only history could show us! The home/building looks to be in pretty bad disrepair. Given the relatively dead clearing around it, not much grass or anything, I wonder if Reedy Lake flooded into the surrounding area at some point forcing the owners from staying.
View attachment 460404
There is a homeowner that lives in a small home with a private entrance near the guard gate in front of the expansive Hyatt Recency Grand Cypress which is a few minutes from Disney Springs. The homeowner refused to move out even with generous cash offers when the hotel and golf course was built years ago. He still lives on the hotel grounds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom