Covid19 and Universal?

seascape

Original Poster
I don’t think you realize how big of a conglomerate Comcast really is.
I know exactly how big they are. They are the largest cable TV provider in the US. They are the largest ISP in the country. They just purchased SKY TV with 30 billion in new debt. They own NBC Universal. Universal themeparks in Japan, more debt to buy out their partner, Universal Florida parks. Fandango and some other small companies. However, their debt is roughly 2/3 of their pre Covid19 assets. If assets fell in value during this recession as has happened in almost every recession they will not have assets to back billions more in loans. Disney's debt percentage was under 50%, stilll high by Wall Street standards but not 2/3. Comcast still has to invest billions in their cable/internet infrastructure whuch will see its margins shrink not grow. If you doubt that go back about 4 years ago and see what I said about 5G service and was told I was wrong by some here but Comcast's CNBC for the part year has been saying exactly what I said would be coming. Both Disney and Universal have to delay billions in spending or risk bankruptcies. Finally, do you not realize that everyone's taxes are going to have to go up? Businesses too.

Do you realize how much debt Comcast has? Do you realize that the cost of maintaining the cable from their office to your home doesn't go down if you drop the TV portion of your service? Do you know that if you drop the TV portion of your service they not only lose your fee but also the advertising revenue they sell on the cable channels? Yes, the margins are higher on the internet portion of the bill but it shrinks just by people cutting cable and will shrink more as people switch to wireless internet. In case you want to say many can't because their wireless stinks, there are still many that can. Internet service will be very competitive in 80% ofvthe US within 5 years and the profit margin will be very small.

Last edited:

seascape

Original Poster
I am sorry I am late to thank Comcast on agreeing to pay the team members during the second round of closing. I was going to do it at the same time Disney made their announcement but Disney hasn't even though as of this afternoon both Counties have order Disney closed. Why the delay? I have no idea but Disney owes it to their Cast Members to announce they are going to be paid.

JoeCamel

I am sorry I am late to thank Comcast on agreeing to pay the team members during the second round of closing. I was going to do it at the same time Disney made their announcement but Disney hasn't even though as of this afternoon both Counties have order Disney closed. Why the delay? I have no idea but Disney owes it to their Cast Members to announce they are going to be paid.
Maybe the people that make the announcements are sheltering in place?

DCBaker

Premium Member

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 4.28.20 PM.png

Last edited:

trr1

Universal Orlando has this afternoon announced that it will remain closed at least through May 31 2020 - an extension to its previously announced April 19 closure.

The Universal closure includes its theme parks, City walk, and the Universal Orlando Resort hotels.

Disney current position remains as closed until further notice.

JoeCamel

This went out to passholders today as well. Might be a clue what WDW is planning to do with blackouts

We want to reiterate some important information:
  • All Passes will be extended by the number of days* we are closed.
  • All existing Pass benefits, blockout dates and other restrictions still apply.
  • If you are signed up with FlexPay, we postponed all monthly payments effective March 25, 2020. We’ll provide more details at a later date about when payments will resume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom