Pyro techs are being asked to report on 3/29 for work..

bpiper

I had no idea Disney stored fireworks at the airport. I always thought they stored them off Maple Rd, at least that's what I've always been led to believe. Learn something new everyday!
They still store fireworks off of Maple Rd. I think that as time went on and they started doing more fireworks shows, they ran out of room and rather than build more capacity, they store the excess at the airport. When the base downsized, the bunkers probably became available.

1585411653959.png

Jon81uk

Essential is a very grey area also. USA deemed liquor stores to remain open as an "essential" service to the people.

Same in the UK, off-licenses and other convenience stores can remain open.

But there are many people going to work at the moment where it can be questioned how essential it is. Security guards and technicians visiting a site to ensure it is safe and secure seems sensible (such as the topic of this thread or more general technicians to prevent legionnaires disease in water, or other issues such as mildew).
But warehouse workers to pack online clothing orders? Probably not essential.

NickPytlinski

yeah pretty sure even if they are going into just do maintenance on pyro etc would be necessary for safety.

alternative im pretty sure they have to keep on top of things so it doesn't fail when they re-open. Maybe they will just be told from one day to the next, "we need fireworks" so they are just ensuring it all goes correctly.

its anyone's guess

Lilofan

yeah pretty sure even if they are going into just do maintenance on pyro etc would be necessary for safety.

alternative im pretty sure they have to keep on top of things so it doesn't fail when they re-open. Maybe they will just be told from one day to the next, "we need fireworks" so they are just ensuring it all goes correctly.

its anyone's guess
If the theme parks start opening with limited offerings and with no parades or fireworks as cost cutting temporary measures, these cast may be out of a job.

nickys

Premium Member
If the theme parks start opening with limited offerings and with no parades or fireworks as cost cutting temporary measures, these cast may be out of a job.

Until the pyro can be let off, their jobs will be safe. And once they can be let off, presumably the fireworks will be starting up again.

Lilofan

Until the pyro can be let off, their jobs will be safe. And once they can be let off, presumably the fireworks will be starting up again.
That's debatable. If these specialized trained fireworks cast don't have firework shows to produce they are still on the payroll?

Doombuggy1971

From what I understand, many pyro techs are being asked to report to work on 3/29. Likely because the pyro on hand does have an expiration date. I would expect it is either to destroy or ignite them. Since destructions takes more paper work than actually igniting them, I would suspect there will be some unannounced fireworks happening next week.

Keep in mind that the pyrotechnics are ordered months in advance. So there are likely still orders coming in that there is no room to store. Lighting them off makes more sense than trying to find temp storage.

As someone very close to knowledge with this situation, as well as very close to someone who works at the Fireworks Storage Facility at Disney, this is not the case. Some Pyro technicians are at work as essential employees, by order of the ATF, (government bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives) to receive orders of incoming product and to manage it. It’s not as easy to just shut down a compound full of explosives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom