Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Sorry if already posted but this just came out for travel agents - sounds like they plan to be open by June 1st and if they are limited guests I would be surprised they would offer this

Below is information about a Walt Disney World summer recovery dine package. We expect to provide you with more information on Monday about offers for Disneyland Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa.

Eligible Guests can take advantage of a vacation package offer that includes accommodations at a select Disney Resort hotel, park admission and a Disney dining plan – valid for arrivals most nights June 1 through September 30, 2020 when you book through May 31, 2020.

This offer is valid only for Guests who booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel from March 16 through May 31, 2020 (even if the park opens before then). Offer not valid for reservations cancelled before March 1, 2020.

gmajew

Premium Member
I am really missing talking about the construction and the progress of the parks. I truly hate this diseases and the effects it is having on every aspect of our lives. I long for the day the trolls got under my skin.

thecouch

Kamikaze

Sorry if already posted but this just came out for travel agents - sounds like they plan to be open by June 1st and if they are limited guests I would be surprised they would offer this

Below is information about a Walt Disney World summer recovery dine package. We expect to provide you with more information on Monday about offers for Disneyland Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa.

Eligible Guests can take advantage of a vacation package offer that includes accommodations at a select Disney Resort hotel, park admission and a Disney dining plan – valid for arrivals most nights June 1 through September 30, 2020 when you book through May 31, 2020.

This offer is valid only for Guests who booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel from March 16 through May 31, 2020 (even if the park opens before then). Offer not valid for reservations cancelled before March 1, 2020.

Interesting. June 1 is a long way off, but who knows how things will look then. Limiting it to guests who had previously booked is a smart idea.

rowrbazzle

A U.S. judge? As in a Federal judge?

Just where in the Constitution are we granted the freedom from quarantine imposed by our state, county, and local governments?

I mentioned this when you asked before, but the thread got axed. The Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments would seem to be at issue. I dunno. If they're charging them with crimes? That seems like a problem. I do appreciate that you're limiting it to non-federal entities now, though. ;)

Last edited:

MattFrees71

It is confusing how heavily traveled tourist areas are not seeing the high cases. I’m in Osceola and orange is also shut down. But you’d think hundreds if not thousands of cast members would be sick in these counties. As you say, with people from all over the world Disney should have been the first hot spot in Florida. I still believe many here have already had it in late January and February, cast members included.
I've thought the same thing

21stamps

Florida state doesn't have a lockdown yet, did you not know that?

Their own citizens who are infected can roam around freely. But the governor is worried about New Yorkers.

A New Yorker may never step in the state of Florida ever again, and Florida is heading for it's healthcare system to be overwhelmed.

That’s not entirely true. The counties are doing their own orders, not all Floridians free to roam. Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade have curfews and strict rules. I’ve also previously mentioned Monroe County, the Keys kicked out the tourists a week ago, and closed themselves off from everyone- including Floridians who do not live in the Keys.

21stamps

The state of Florida doesn't have an official state-wide order, which is what he is referring to.

I had already edited before you quoted.. I wanted to make sure that he understood that his second line is not true. The first line is also misleading without the context of the counties. Either way, it’s not free roam.

TrojanUSC

Florida numbers seem to be surging into the sharp up take stage. They should have closed beaches during spring break. Similar to the last day disney world was open. Having all the cast members at MK looked great on video but having that many young people who were in contact with people from all over the world then letting them go home would have spread it to the vulnerable all over the place. I think a lot still aren't taking it serious.

Having HEA on the last day is a large internal regret. There's no reason that should have happened and they got a lot of PR flack for it.

21stamps

I only quoted what was there on the post.

I hope you’ve read the full post by now. Also, and I need to stress this again- Floridians are not freely moving around doing whatever they want to do. Plenty of cities and counties have prevented that from happening. So many beaches are closed, parks closed, Miami has the most strict curfews right now from what I know, but the surrounding areas either have curfews or are not allowing visitors at all.. and all are following the bar/restaurant closures.

I understand that several people here do not want orders kept at local levels, but I understand why the governor is doing so. Live Oak isn’t going to have the exact same scenario as Miami Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom