Pyro techs are being asked to report on 3/29 for work..

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
We will see. I just know what I have been told by two different people. As I said before, I am not a Disney employee but work very closely with them on some projects. I have been told by two different people they are being asked to report on Monday to control inventory.

Lilofan

We will see. I just know what I have been told by two different people. As I said before, I am not a Disney employee but work very closely with them on some projects. I have been told by two different people they are being asked to report on Monday to control inventory.
I think it won't happen. Come to think of it, pyro expires?😒

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Just verified with someone the hours are still listed. For anyone with the right access in the hub, they can go look and entertainment/pyro and see hours scheduled for next week starting Monday.

MrConbon

You may not care but some that are cooped up in their residences, some lost their jobs etc would probably want to go out and break curfew. There are a number of roads that lead to MK. The fireworks techs would be foolish to explode the shells at night to encourage a gathering of cars and people. That's bad PR for Disney if that gets on TV.

By the time they start launching them there isn’t enough time to have a mass gathering of cars and people. NOBODY in Orlando would give a crap and I say that as someone in Orlando who has no job and has been in my home for weeks.

Lilofan

By the time they start launching them there isn’t enough time to have a mass gathering of cars and people. NOBODY in Orlando would give a crap and I say that as someone in Orlando who has no job and has been in my home for weeks.
My bet- it s not happening.

EvilChameleon

I think OP used the wrong phrase when they said "expires". They probably meant that, with new shells coming in, by now they would have fired off whatever they currently have, and since they haven't, there is a surplus.

If even one iota of this is true, of course.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
I think OP used the wrong phrase when they said "expires". They probably meant that, with new shells coming in, by now they would have fired off whatever they currently have, and since they haven't, there is a surplus.

If even one iota of this is true, of course.

Expired is the word that was told to me originally. But yes, it's a storage issue. You can't just have explosives sitting out in the open.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yeah they have a warehouse very close, or on MCO property. There are quire a few industrial type operations around MCO.
Yup. They are former military ordinance bunkers on the west side of the airport from back when MCO was an Air Force facility.

Edit: corrected to reflect that MCO was an Air Force facility vs Naval facility. .

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Right about the military bunker, but not quite right about the former service associated...
Oops. I always get that mixed up with the the Naval facility on the east side of town. (Corrected above). I’ve actually driven by the bunkers a number of times over the years. They are pretty out in the open, but well protected.
McCoy Air Force Base was transferred to the Navy to become Naval Training Center McCoy Annex, which is why the remaining exchange is an NEX and not an AAFES Exchange. The base spent time under the command of all three military departments.

bpiper

Yup. They are former military ordinance bunkers on the west side of the airport from back when MCO was an Air Force facility.

Edit: corrected to reflect that MCO was an Air Force facility vs Naval facility. .

You can see the old ordinance bunkers on the far left. According to the Orlando county GIS website, the Airport authority owns the site. I wonder if they lease out bunkers to Seaworld and Universal also to store their excess fireworks inventory.

1585404348514.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
McCoy Air Force Base was transferred to the Navy to become Naval Training Center McCoy Annex, which is why the remaining exchange is an NEX and not an AAFES Exchange. The base spent time under the command of all three military departments.
True, in a manner of speaking. The Navy only took over what was left after the AF gave the runways back to Orlando. It's not like NTTC took over the whole facility... they DID get the dump, however...

"McCoy Annex was largely comprised of military housing units, maintenance and support facilities, and a former landfill (later converted to a golf course). "

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom