Pyro techs are being asked to report on 3/29 for work..

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
From what I understand, many pyro techs are being asked to report to work on 3/29. Likely because the pyro on hand does have an expiration date. I would expect it is either to destroy or ignite them. Since destructions takes more paper work than actually igniting them, I would suspect there will be some unannounced fireworks happening next week.

Keep in mind that the pyrotechnics are ordered months in advance. So there are likely still orders coming in that there is no room to store. Lighting them off makes more sense than trying to find temp storage.

seascape

From what I understand, many pyro techs are being asked to report to work on 3/29. Likely because the pyro on hand does have an expiration date. I would expect it is either to destroy or ignite them. Since destructions takes more paper work than actually igniting them, I would suspect there will be some unannounced fireworks happening next week.

Keep in mind that the pyrotechnics are ordered months in advance. So there are likely still orders coming in that there is no room to store. Lighting them off makes more sense than trying to find temp storage.
Disney should put on a fantastic show and stream it.

jrhwdw

Disney should put on a fantastic show and stream it.
I agree! Maybe HEA NYE Style??

Or just Streams of HEA and EF a number of times Since most of the pyro is at MK and Epcot.

So, there's no way to save it for reopen? Makes me wonder if Disney put out new orders for pyro or they're holding out until reopen? If they don't order until reopen, How long will the shipping/unloading/setting up take?

Not WDW but is Uni and SeaWorld in the same boat(maybe no pyro for reopen)? I'm sure SeaWorld pulls in Crowds for Ignite during the summer. Wonder what SeaWorld is planning now for summer????

Lilofan

One thing Orlando does not need is an advanced announcement of a fireworks show and locals that are cooped in their residences all flood WDW roads to see a free fireworks show. This would go against the mandatory Orange county curfew. I would guess the techs would destroy the fireworks shells.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
One thing Orlando does not need is an advanced announcement of a fireworks show and locals that are cooped in their residences all flood WDW roads to see a free fireworks show. This would go against the mandatory Orange county curfew. I would guess the techs would destroy the fireworks shells.

Destroying takes much more paperwork than igniting them... So I would guess they would be ignited, but not during normal times. Random daytime hours is what I would "guess"...

jrhwdw

I get your point. Can't WDW close all the roads to just pyro workers and Stream the whole Thing??? Or flim it ? That's been happpening with TDS F!, DL's Dapper Dans, YeHa Bob, etc,.

Lilofan

I get your point. Can't WDW close all the roads to just pyro workers and Stream the whole Thing??? Or flim it ? That's been happpening with TDS F!, DL's Dapper Dans, YeHa Bob, etc,.
You can close the roads where the fireworks shells fall of course, but if locals get wind of it, it may be black Friday gridlock and mass gatherings to view fireworks from a distance which Orlando does not need or anywhere in the USA also. Going against police curfew also.

celluloid

It is likely for some sort of maintence that they are trained to do. They can justify that as mandatory as it is a safety protocol and a trained positon.

Kman101

You can close the roads where the fireworks shells fall of course, but if locals get wind of it, it may be black Friday gridlock and mass gatherings to view fireworks from a distance which Orlando does not need or anywhere in the USA also. Going against police curfew also.

It shouldn't and wouldn't be if folks followed the mandate to stay home aside from essential things like going to the grocery store or taking a hike or walking your dog. I don't think it SHOULD be a problem but ... I get what you're saying, lol.

And if they do it after the curfew, and folks show up? Enforcement time. So I do sort of share the same concern if they announced something (I don't see that happening) but at the same time ... it actually shouldn't, in theory, be an issue if they were going to. You can social distance in your car but I agree, don't encourage anyone to tempt a violation even though you can actually drive around and leave your house (before 11pm and after 5am). But I doubt they do what some have suggested, as nice as it may sound.

It's likely they just let them run but 🤷‍♂️

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
It shouldn't and wouldn't be if folks followed the mandate to stay home aside from essential things like going to the grocery store or taking a hike or walking your dog. I don't think it SHOULD be a problem but ... I get what you're saying, lol.

And if they do it after the curfew, and folks show up? Enforcement time. So I do sort of share the same concern if they announced something (I don't see that happening) but at the same time ... it actually shouldn't, in theory, be an issue if they were going to. You can social distance in your car but I agree, don't encourage anyone to tempt a violation even though you can actually drive around and leave your house (before 11pm and after 5am). But I doubt they do what some have suggested, as nice as it may sound.

It's likely they just let them run but 🤷‍♂️

There will be no announcement.. they will be lit off to "dispose" of them. It takes more paperwork to destroy them than it does to light them off. Disney is permitted to launch fireworks at anytime at the "test range". That is what I expect will happen. Light off what they have in storage to prep for the new ones (already ordered) coming in. Space is an issue.

If you live within sound range of the parks, expect some booms next week during the day.

Kman101

There will be no announcement.. they will be lit off to "dispose" of them. It takes more paperwork to destroy them than it does to light them off. Disney is permitted to launch fireworks at anytime at the "test range". That is what I expect will happen. Light off what they have in storage to prep for the new ones (already ordered) coming in. Space is an issue.

If you live within sound range of the parks, expect some booms next week during the day.

Never said there would be, lol, was mostly agreeing with you it's a burn off (probably not the accurate/correct word, lol).

Hopefully those at home, staying at home, close to Disney can enjoy seeing it from their homes (or hearing it) :) (EDIT: that was so poorly worded lol, just meaning hopefully the folks who live close enough are able to enjoy the burn off safely from their homes)

Josh Hendy

OK boomer 😉
42c8bd2db59ac95477fbd776d2ffe59a.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom