What's Still On and What's Now Off

Tori

Disney is still having auditions for Awesome Mix Live this summer. It starts sometime in June. I’m so happy this show survived after all the other closures.

Attachments

• AA9F82DF-BA9F-424A-98BF-EDD19CC13299.png
    AA9F82DF-BA9F-424A-98BF-EDD19CC13299.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 005D7D64-A4D2-49B6-8921-83914CA46B71.png
    005D7D64-A4D2-49B6-8921-83914CA46B71.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 78

TrojanUSC

Marni, I have a coworker who claims to have a friend who works for Disney. He said that his friend told him that limiting capacity was definitely being discussed and that one plan being considered had the parks only being open to Disney Hotel guests for a while until they could increase operations in a safe manner. I have no way of knowing if this person truly knows what they are talking about or they are guessing. Have you heard this being a possibility?

It's also important to note that people think resort guests are this "exclusive" club. They have like 30,000 rooms on property + all of the "official" hotels they have to give the same perks too.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Crowds at the gate waiting for a chance to get in defeats the entire purpose of limiting capacity.
I agree completely. So that means that they will have to have certain folks who are guaranteed entry, and no others. If there is any chance of entry, people will start congregating earlier and earlier to try and get in.

So, who makes up the groups of folks who are guaranteed access? Even opening it up to all resort guests would overwhelm AK or MGM if the guests all chose to go there. Parkhopping complicates everything. Perhaps passholders would make "reservations" for a certain park? Or they expand use of virtual queues for the parks themselves?

drew81

Do the whole thing by reservation only, limited capacity distributed by lottery online the day prior (with guaranteed access for resort guests). Stagger entrance times at the gate. Order and organize the heck out of it all.

I wouldn’t be shocked if something like this is the new normal. 🤐

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know we are in new territory here...but lines out front? Lotteries?

Settle down, everyone. Disney will reopen and cater to the core audience that there numbers see as most important...I’m sure that has changed some over the years a bit...but we can still calm down and reasonably come to the conclusions that make sense.

It will be dvc...and in a travel crunch it will be Florida residents...they will also look to restart their AP base...

Other things are going to be hard...international travel may be curbed for awhile. Group/convention business is going to be squeezed. Not everyone will feel safe going on vacation for a period of time that could be large.

Hold the horses, Newt.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

I know we are in new territory here...but lines out front? Lotteries?

Settle down, everyone. Disney will reopen and cater to the core audience that there numbers see as most important...I’m sure that has changed some over the years a bit...but we can still calm down and reasonably come to the conclusions that’s make sense.

It will be dvc...and in a travel crunch it will be Florida residents...they will also look to restart their AP base...

Other things are going to be hard...international travel may be curbed for awhile. Group/convention business is going to be squeezed. Not everyone will feel safe going on vacation for a period of time that could be large.

Hold the horses, Newt.

This must be a new world, since I actually agree with you (mostly) on something.

TrainsOfDisney

Crowds at the gate waiting for a chance to get in defeat the entire purpose of limiting capacity.

The purpose will be saving money. It’s convenient that everything getting cut will save money. More boarding passes means more attractions that can operate on limited hours. No parades, no fireworks, no theatre shows.... all very convenient.

I don’t blame them, Disney and many companies are going to get hit hard with this, but let’s be realistic that a lot of these decisions are money based with the added benefit of saying “look we are adapting!”

They can’t go to mobile ordering only, not everyone has a smart phone with the capability of running the Disney app.

Piebald

Man if any of this is true then this is like the complete opposite of what the average Disney fan is probably thinking/aware of.

The massive Disney group on FB that rips off news from here verbatim thinks they're probably paving all the roads, fixing the yeti, painting every thing and making it all perfectly clean for your arrival. Imagine the shock when people realize the complete opposite is going to happen

ImperfectPixie

Also many people are really thinking the parks open late April or at worst early May for a late fall date at this point. I cant even confidently reschedule my wedding in May that has been postponed indefinitely. Things are very bleak around the world.
I'm trying to be super gentle in telling people in the groups that a phased opening is highly likely...they definitely seem to think that things will go from closed right back to normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom