Great Move Ride was to be replaced by a Villains ride?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I have a question for Marni and anyone else who knows the truth. Is it true Disney at one point was going to replace the great movie ride with a Disney villains ride?

KBLovedDisney

Not an Insider, but I did hear a rumor that the great movie ride would be shut down for a Mickey and Minnie trackless dark ride. However, I really can't imagine Disney closing a MGM Original and not just building a new Mickey ride from the ground up in Animation Courtyard.
tenor.gif

KBLovedDisney

Not an Insider, but I did hear a rumor that the great movie ride would be shut down for a Mickey and Minnie trackless dark ride. However, I really can't imagine Disney closing a MGM Original and not just building a new Mickey ride from the ground up in Animation Courtyard.
I also heard that they decided to make all of the Disney Stores more Ambercrombie and Fitch-like, but don't go by me. I broke a shoe-lace this morning.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I'm from the future and you are right! But seriously was it true Disney had plans to replace the Great Move Ride at one point with a Disney Villains ride?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
A good ten years ago, probably more (I’d have to check) there was a proposal to put CAVE technology into the building. One proposed theme was villains.
Thanks for the reply Marni! That's really interesting. I wonder what other options they were considering? Did you like the proposed villains theme?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Cave automatic virtual environment.

It's basically where the entire room (all the walls, possibly even the floor and ceiling) are covered with a projected image. If they'd built something using that 15-20 years ago it would be tremendously outdated technology now.
That's almost kinda similar to what Runway Railway uses. I really wonder what the other ideas where to replace great movie ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom