Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

TrainsOfDisney

Sad to think that December 1994-October 2003 was the only time in history this building did not have a lame attraction in it.

I'd almost prefer another copy of "Stitch Live!" (basically Turtle Talk with Stitch)

Not that I think it would be particularly amazing.... but I’m not sure why they couldn’t just take the restraints and height requirement away and make a super kid-friendly show where stitch gets beamed in... causes a little sfx mischief without knocking out the lights and scaring everyone.

Basically the stitch version of the lightning mcqueen show.

The actual AA and effects were good. The weird restraints and blackouts were not going to work for the MK.

Animaniac93-98

Not that I think it would be particularly amazing.... but I’m not sure why they couldn’t just take the restraints and height requirement away and make a super kid-friendly show where stitch gets beamed in... causes a little sfx mischief without knocking out the lights and scaring everyone.

Basically the stitch version of the lightning mcqueen show.

The actual AA and effects were good. The weird restraints and blackouts were not going to work for the MK.

It would be a shame to waste those effects and just have some button pushing.

Sharon&Susan

What IP’s in the WIR movies can Disney use?? ( Besides Ralph and his core friends)
If Disney treats this like other WiR tie-in media don't expect any other real video game characters. Expect only the core cast and some of the made up video game background characters like Not House of the Dead Zombie, Not Kano, and the unforgettable Not NBA Jam Basketball players!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From what I've read so far, it's a basic, LMRA style attraction, center around Wreck it Ralph. It is much toned down from the original project. We are all curious as to why it is starting now, considering the current situation in the parks.

It may have a console at one's seat to participate in some type of shooter or participation video game.

And the permit to demo is not a permit to build anything. And that permit may have already been in the works, or, is there so that once lockdown is over, work can begin immediately, especially if WDW wants something there for the 50th.

homerdance

From what I've read so far, it's a basic, LMRA style attraction, center around Wreck it Ralph. It is much toned down from the original project. We are all curious as to why it is starting now, considering the current situation in the parks.
We finally did the LMRA on our last trip, and if that is what they have planned here that is very, very disappointing. While LMRA is cute, i just don't see it having a re-ridablity. The previous ride would be better.

Last edited:

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

We finally did the LMRA on our last trip, and if that is what they have planned here that is very, very disappointing. While LMRA is cute, i just don't see it having a re-ridablity. The previous ride would be better.

Apparently, that attraction gets surprisingly good reviews from families. But then again, Disney can make any data look good.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
For the record, this could also be a gutting to better support the function of the things surrounding it (Ice Cream, gift shops, meet and greet). Currently, some of these functions awkwardly bleed into the current theaters (I know that at least the southernmost theater is in use). Gutting doesn't always equate to a new attraction coming.

Kman101

They have to greenlight it to get it done by when they want, no? lol. It doesn't matter they're shut down. Things are still happening, obviously. It's just a matter of when they can start up again.

And unfortunately it seems like WDW often gets "toned down" things from the original project.

They need to invest in something that won't sound like it needs to be replaced in 10 years. I like Wreck it Ralph so I don't mind that coming but .... meh.

FigmentJedi

I believe the story of Tomorrowland in Shanghai centers around the Well-Spring, which is sort of a “source of magic“ that causes the rest of the land to spring forth from it. It functions similarly to the spirit gods that live in Adventure Isle’s Apu Taku, the magic that resides in the caves of Treasure Cove, the dragonfly that lives in the Crystal Grottoes of Fantasyland, etc.

The Well-Spring, I believe, is sort of like Tomorrowland’s “wireless charger” that infused it’s surroundings with magical futuristic energy, not unlike the trippy lights at the end of previous versions of SSE.

Here’s a video of the Well-Spring literally pulsing through Tomorrowland and through all of it’s lighting fixtures, especially TRON’s canopy.

I think that’s a pretty innovative story for Tomorrowland, IMHO.

Really? All the press material just seemed to be a generic "Shanghai is a futuristic city, so all of these random sci-fi characters decided to set up an expo here and that's it" thing.

Disneyson

Really? All the press material just seemed to be a generic "Shanghai is a futuristic city, so all of these random sci-fi characters decided to set up an expo here and that's it" thing.

I mean, I’ve been to it, the story is visually apparent - nearly all the buildings pulse with energy. I believe the video speaks for itself. The Well-Spring is also labeled as such on the park map (as an attraction, which is lame but whatever) and in the “Magic Passports” that reveal the stories of each land.

No “expo” in Shanghai I’m aware of, Buzz is sort of in a secret hidden base under the giant city structure recruiting guests, TRON is quite obviously a magical computer program that has spilled out of the building, etc... each of the four major lands have a “power source”, it’s definitely not a happy accident. You feel “digital” walking around and when in the different attractions, as if you’re truly a “program”. The major miss-step for me is the re-themed Avengers restaurant.

You may be thinking of the Stark Expo in HKDL, which literally sets Tomorrowland in Hong Kong? The bulk of Marvel in Shanghai is technically in the Gardens of Imagination (a catch-all land), with a stage show in Tomorrowland that has to do with fighting a computer program with magic electricity swords ala Jedi Training. So, even though Marvel is really supposed to be a Hong Kong exclusive, they do a good job of making it match theme.

FigmentJedi

I mean, I’ve been to it, the story is visually apparent - nearly all the buildings pulse with energy. I believe the video speaks for itself. The Well-Spring is also labeled as such on the park map (as an attraction, which is lame but whatever) and in the “Magic Passports” that reveal the stories of each land.

No “expo” in Shanghai I’m aware of, Buzz is sort of in a secret hidden base under the giant city structure recruiting guests, TRON is quite obviously a magical computer program that has spilled out of the building, etc... each of the four major lands have a “power source”, it’s definitely not a happy accident. You feel “digital” walking around and when in the different attractions, as if you’re truly a “program”. The major miss-step for me is the re-themed Avengers restaurant.

You may be thinking of the Stark Expo in HKDL, which literally sets Tomorrowland in Hong Kong? The bulk of Marvel in Shanghai is technically in the Gardens of Imagination (a catch-all land), with a stage show in Tomorrowland that has to do with fighting a computer program with magic electricity swords ala Jedi Training. So, even though Marvel is really supposed to be a Hong Kong exclusive, they do a good job of making it match theme.
Maybe not an Expo in those exact words, but there was a press release when the park opened along the lines of Tron being Sam Flynn setting up an ENCOM Digitization Center in Shanghai alongside Buzz Lightyear establishing a Star Command Base and the Galactic Federation setting up a Stitch Observation Post all because they felt like Shanghai was representative of technological advancement in China.

The Digital Wellspring stuff is welcome news to me. Like I've been kinda meh on Shanghai's Tomorrowland because of that old PR and wanting a little more architectural variety beyond the Tron tent aesthetics but I can appreciate some of their design decisions a little more now hearing there's more depth to it then that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom