Will Coronavirus change your Disney plans?

PiratesMansion

LOLL thanks but I been to HKDL five times now, first time a week it opened in 2005 and SDL twice already. The last two Disney trips abroad were SDL in 2017 and HKDL in 2018 (and yes because of Pirates and Mystic Manor among others). And I already have plans to go back to HKDL next year after the new Frozen land opens. I was considering going back this year but decided not to since the Ant Man ride sounds like a dud. Ironically that's why I was going back to WDW, I been avoiding that for a long time because most of my focus has been DLR and the Chinese parks. I prefer those parks to WDW ANY day! I love Disney but I don't want to spend a week and the ridiculous price to do it in the hot blazing sun. No thanks! 2-3 days is really my limit in general regardless of resort. Its also why I was going in September...it's cheaper (and a bit cooler)! And everyone keeps talking about FOP so yeah! I haven't been to Tokyo only because nothing new has opened up that has really caught my attention when compared to the other resorts (and I use to live in Tokyo so I been to that resort over a dozen times) and its just more expensive to travel through Japan in general.

But your Paris idea sounds great. It's really that park (along with WDW) I don't seem to have much interest in traveling to but I have been twice although the last time was waaaay back in 2002. Mostly because I don't really go Europe in general and WDSP is still not worth going IMO. But that is looking like it will change. So I COULD consider that but its in the same boat as the others for now in terms of what it will look like once it does open up.

Fair enough. Congrats on being so well traveled!

And you're absolutely right in saying that Ant-Man is a dud lol.

cmwade77

🤷‍♀️Just telling you what the news said about online education in OR. I just got an email from our particular school district and they are confirming that there are no online school plans. They will provide packets that the students can access online or go in and pick up physical paper for. But these packets will apparently be what they are doing until they get back to school.

Still don’t know if that means that they will or will not have to make this time up and if they will get a summer or not.
Probably not, those packets will probably be counted as home schooling or independent study, depending on your state's laws.

No Name

I had a trip out west planned that involved a day at DCA. Call me a monster but I like DCA more than Disneyland Park. Anyway, that will probably not happen until 2021, which may be nice if the Marvel stuff is all open by then.

SuddenStorm

Update: Welp, the fiancee and I decided tonight to postpone our June honeymoon trip to WDW.

As bummed as we are, there's also a bit of relief to be had in no longer having to stress over whether or not it could even happen with each passing day.

Onward and upward. 🌠

Good call! You only get one wedding/honeymoon- may as well wait a few months to make sure it's exactly what you want!

SuddenStorm

I was gonna go to Disneyland Paris this last week. When that started looking unlikely I was gonna fly back to CA and hit Disneyland for a day.

So Coronavirus has completely cancelled my Disney plans. I'll try again once they're reopened, and I'll most likely try to go again in August.

DrAlice

Our July trip is a question mark, for sure. I'm not very optimistic that the park will be open by then. If it is open, it will depend upon a lot of things. Will they unblock all APs so that the place is slammed to the gills with people? Then, no way. What's the pandemic look like then? If we still are behind the curve in testing people, I might opt out of visiting a crowded sea of potentially-infected humanity. As I've said in other posts, I'm not worried about myself, but I really don't want to infect my older parents or in-laws.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well I was supposed to be booking my flight and beginning hotel ressies for a fall trip, my first ever to DLR, but I suppose I have my tickets and the rest is rather on pause.....it's so odd just living in today. It's taco Tuesday here today, just got remaining ingredients coming my way in a few hours.....WOOHOO (just cannot do such without salsa.....and too early(cold) here for my wee garden to provide essentials) :happy: George might want to stop over, its my veggie version....;). DrAlice I wish we all could predict with accuracy what will happen and when....it's much more fun for vacations....

Last edited:

CalebS

I have a trip planned for Disneyland for the first time ever ( been to wdw several times) starting on May 5th. I’ll be going if the park is open, I know thats a big if

truecoat

I have a family trip planned to Disney World, with 24 family members, for the first week August. We still plan to go.

We had a trip planned for Disneyland for the first week of August also but only half as many people. It's going to be rescheduled due to the fact that Avengers Campus won't be open by then and my nephew is a huge Marvel fan. Probably going in the middle September now if everything works out.

StarWarsGirl

My family was supposed to go to Disneyland and then my parents and brother were going to Hawaii. I was supposed to just go for the Disneyland portion. This was supposed to be in June.

I'm high risk, so I'm very wary right now of going this year. We're watching what's going on with Hawaii. Our backup plan is to go to Hawaii in October when this is (hopefully) done and then go to Disneyland next year. Disappointing, but what can you do. There's a lot worse consequences of all this than a missed vacation.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I've been planning a trip for late June since before all the shutdowns. I have airline tickets (which with Southwest is no big deal for me to get credit if I don't go since I know I'll use it eventually) but I haven't booked a hotel yet. If the parks are open there's a good chance I'll still go. I guess it depends on where things are at with the virus. I'm like other people.....I'm less concerned about me getting it as I am passing it to my parents who are in their late 60's. I may also consider driving this time around. We'll see.

Whether I go in June or not, I'm still planning to go again later in the year especially if they extend our passes. Maybe another trip Thanksgiving week or something.

BrianLo

I'm fortunately much more 'travel lite' than I normally would be. Things have finally solidified for licensing for the most part, and I'm certainly fortunate to just have to fall back on doing more work if I have nothing better to do. I'm probably one of the few fortunate people who will have more money by stopping vacationing this year.

I was going to WDW the start of May. Obviously that's out.

Mid September-Mid October I was planning to go to Japan. Which would have included Tokyo/Osaka.

I think this will be a fairly Disney-less year at this rate. Depending on the timing of the exam, need for study, need to pick up work etc. I might divert WDW to September-October and keep the Japan trip on the back burner for another year. I frankly don't know if Canada will advise us to travel to the US even in the Fall...

Long term though - I've secretly been eyeing DVC for about a year now. With a looming US recession - the stars may very well align on a resale contract. However this is going to be half a year or a year from now. The Canadian loonie needs to rally and the resale market needs to take its dive.

I won't be back to DLR until likely next D23, that seems pretty safe for next year.

Purduevian

Was planning on going to Disneyland and Aulani for the first time ever with my fiance on our honeymoon in late June. Now we are making contingency plans for getting married without a reception to follow just in case. I've never been to Disneyland and was getting very excited to see it for the first time. We will be postponing our honeymoon and waiting until travel goes back to normal. We are currently hoping to figure out a mini-moon instead. I haven't yet canceled hotels, but I plan to soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom