Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

That is why I said include select offsite hotels. Remember most of the offsite hotels will not survive anway.
I still say 0%. In the USA this will not go on for more than a few weeks. It will not go on longer than the government can pay people to stay home. People will not stand for measures that lead to 20% unemployment to save less than 1% of lives.

People will play nice for a few weeks. After that there will be resistance and lawsuits flying. I hope that the legal action will solve the issue because some kind of civil war is not out of the realm of possibility if they prevent people from earning a living for more than a few weeks with government subsidy. The government can't keep sending everyone $1,500 because, after too much damage to the economy, the tax revenue can't support the necessary borrowing and inflation will go out of control from printing money.

Princess Leia

Today is my first day of Work From Home. I work for a health care foundation, so I’ll still be popping into work every once in awhile, but this is very surreal.

I have plans to go to Disneyland for the first time in October; really hope people heed warnings to stay home so everything can be cleared up by then.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wonder what the possibility is of WDW changing its entire structure. Making the themeparks a perk of staying on property and closing it to everyone else except Florida Annual Pass Holders. That way, since the price is included in you hotel room and the only way to visit is stay on property, plus a few select hotels, they can cover all their costs plus fix the overcrowding problem. Of course the room cost would increase but their would be no admission costs to the parks. DVC maintenance fees would also go up to pay their share of the parks.
Zilch.

Princess Leia

The Stay at Home Order, or is this something else?
Stay At Home, minus essential workers, begins at 11:59 PM tonight. We got the word that we could WFH on Friday, but one of my friends- who isn’t completely essential- was getting pretty ticked off that her company hadn’t let her work from home yet. Looks like that changes today.
The internet is being hammered pretty much worldwide. Netflix are streaming at a lower bitrate across Europe to reduce demand. ISPs in the UK say they can cope so far. Maybe see what your ISP says?
Hi Martin. Just wanted to say that I look forward to watching all of your videos again over the next couple months. Thanks for the entertainment :)

DisneyDebRob

So I’m having some coffee and turned on the tv to see what’s going on and I’m sure everyone has seen one of their local lawyers or law firms yelling if you got injured at your job or hit by a car, call us! Well, one of them came on and it was.. .. if you slipped and fell or were injured in your grocery store, call us”. It ran 2 times in a half hour. So this is where we are at. I guess the next one will be we’re you injured at a essential place of business?

celluloid

So I’m having some coffee and turned on the tv to see what’s going on and I’m sure everyone has seen one of their local lawyers or law firms yelling if you got injured at your job or hit by a car, call us! Well, one of them came on and it was.. .. if you slipped and fell or were injured in your grocery store, call us”. It ran 2 times in a half hour. So this is where we are at. I guess the next one will be we’re you injured at a essential place of business?

They are going to have to try and survive too. Ha.

Lilofan

I wonder what the possibility is of WDW changing its entire structure. Making the themeparks a perk of staying on property and closing it to everyone else except Florida Annual Pass Holders. That way, since the price is included in you hotel room and the only way to visit is stay on property, plus a few select hotels, they can cover all their costs plus fix the overcrowding problem. Of course the room cost would increase but their would be no admission costs to the parks. DVC maintenance fees would also go up to pay their share of the parks.
Death, taxes and this never happening.

techgeek

There is a very hard reality that must be confronted when trying to plan for a re-opening, recovery, or any sort of 'return to normalcy'. This reality applies equally right now to the largest of corporations and to each of us individually.

The reality being... we haven't even found the bottom yet. The curve is far from flattening in most places, and the scope of global financial fallout and resulting collateral damage is uncertain at best. There are still far too many unknowns.

bigrigross

You do know that DVC has nothing to do with the parks right? I have stayed at my home resort and didnt even go to the disney parks one year. I went to other parks during that time. Its a time share. Which has a contract so good luck ever getting that through to make me re-sign it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
is that actually realistic? I hear so many people saying this could last 6-18 months and freaking out. Imo this should realistically be somewhat over by mid may-july
I put both options out there but I agree with you it’s highly unlikely the next announcement is a re-open date for the parks. I think they will extend at least until April 20 for now and my gut says another extension or 2 after that. There’s no way they can open WDW before we hit peak and start to see the new case numbers drop dramatically. So far no peak in sight. My gut is probably mid-May to early June for a re-opening assuming things get better not worse.

Patcheslee

Day 1 of still going to work and DD11 Elearning. She realized her awesome new phone is also the enemy that is waking her up at 7:30am to get dressed for the day now. :DIt suddenly only takes her 15 minutes to get dressed and hair brushed before free time until 9am vs 45 minutes :rolleyes:

thomas998

There won't be an over crowding problem. Who knows when international air travel will return...Even if the US magically erased all the cirus cases today you would still expect international flights to be canceled until it was wiped out everywhere else or you would just be starting it all over again here.

Then factor in the number of people that will be money conscious and a crowded park isn't likely even if they dropped the prices 10%.

thomas998

I put both options out there but I agree with you it’s highly unlikely the next announcement is a re-open date for the parks. I think they will extend at least until April 20 for now and my gut says another extension or 2 after that. There’s no way they can open WDW before we hit peak and start to see the new case numbers drop dramatically. So far no peak in sight. My gut is probably mid-May to early June for a re-opening assuming things get better not worse.
I think realistically when the government starts moving away from the lockdowns that they may still ban large gatherings for months, which would mean sporting events, concerts and amusement parks might still be banned for a much longer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom