Your Next Disney Meal

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I will never step foot in a Landrys after what they did to their employees. They furloughed them and refused to let any of them use their PTO. They are permanently on a no fly list for me.
Landry's opted to furlough (leave without pay) instead of terminate as a cash-conservation move. Paying employees for PTO would run counter to that objective. To their credit, they opted to continue paying employee health benefits at least until the end of June.

stratman50th

If I could get a reservation it would be Ohana. Tried to get one when we were down about a month ago but no such luck.
Yeah, I've been trying for an 'Ohana reservation myself for a month. We actually don't check in until 14th of October and check out the 19th. I realize that my window hasn't opened up yet but thought I'd keep trying.

Wouldn't mind trying the Cape May Cafe again. Tried it once and the experience was underwhelming to say the least. They kept running out of the "good stuff" at the buffet and took a long time to restock it. Way too pricey for mac and cheese and taters. I am willing to give them a second try.

surfsupdon

We were supposed to have pulled pork nachos tonight from Capt Cook’s. I really like them as a simple welcome on your travel date.
But now our first meal will be somewhere walk up at the BoardWalk area in late June. Maybe nachos at the brewery, or steak at Crews Cup. We will see.

irwalt2

Yeah, I've been trying for an 'Ohana reservation myself for a month. We actually don't check in until 14th of October and check out the 19th. I realize that my window hasn't opened up yet but thought I'd keep trying.

Wouldn't mind trying the Cape May Cafe again. Tried it once and the experience was underwhelming to say the least. They kept running out of the "good stuff" at the buffet and took a long time to restock it. Way too pricey for mac and cheese and taters. I am willing to give them a second try.
[/QU

Give it another shot.
We did Cape May when we were down last month. Thought it was real good
and they kept plenty of everything on hand. Including desserts.

Raineman

Our next trip isn't booked, and may not be until late 2021, but our first meal is always at Disney Springs, as we spend the rest of the day there after checking in to our resort. The last 2 visits, we ate at The Polite Pig, so I'll go with that. Smoked half-chicken, coleslaw, mac and cheese and jalapeno cornbread.

RememberWhen

Tusker House for lunch. We like to start (and sometimes end) our trips with a character meal.
We added a day to the beginning of our trip (flights were way cheaper a day earlier) so now we get in 3:40 pm. We’re staying at Boulder Ridge and have to decide between whispering canyon or bopping over to MK and going to crystal palace. Or maybe Chef Mickey? Ah! Decisions...
A 6:15 ADR should probably be ok, right? We never fly in during the afternoon...

StarshipDisney

Next meal will be the Crystal Palace after a long drive in September. We check-in to Contemporary and then take the monorail over to MK for Dinner.

Just FYSA to anyone IRT 'Ohana that the system seems to be broken right now for 2-person reservations. I recently tried at the 185 and 186 day points and nothing was available for 'Ohana at any hour for 2 people from dinner opening to close. But EVERY time was available for 3 people. I spoke to a Disney rep who first said she could change my reservation to 2 but could not; and then tried also but could not make a reservation for 2. She said there is a bug in the system and put a note in my reservation that this is for 2-people.

Anyway, my point is that a Disney rep recently told me that 'Ohana is broken for 2-people reservations and to try calling if needed.

stratman50th

Next meal will be the Crystal Palace after a long drive in September. We check-in to Contemporary and then take the monorail over to MK for Dinner.

Just FYSA to anyone IRT 'Ohana that the system seems to be broken right now for 2-person reservations. I recently tried at the 185 and 186 day points and nothing was available for 'Ohana at any hour for 2 people from dinner opening to close. But EVERY time was available for 3 people. I spoke to a Disney rep who first said she could change my reservation to 2 but could not; and then tried also but could not make a reservation for 2. She said there is a bug in the system and put a note in my reservation that this is for 2-people.

Anyway, my point is that a Disney rep recently told me that 'Ohana is broken for 2-people reservations and to try calling if needed.
I read that. Thanks for pointing it out. I will try for 3 if I can't get anything for 2.
Again, I appreciate the tip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom