Netflix...What would you recommend?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Only Netflix please. Kindly resist the temptation to spin this thread to another streaming service. ( šŸ˜ feel free to start your own thread on other streaming services ;) )
Any hidden gems?
I put into the Netflix search engine:
"Movies"
"Blockbusters"
"Epic Movies"
My search engine prompts produced disappointing results....nothing that really interested me.

Am I overlooking any good stuff on NETFLIX?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
recently finished watership down. pretty good cast in this version.
Is that "Down" the same idea like "White House Down"? Edit: I viewed a trailer of "Watership Down" on Youtube. It is not at all what I expected based on the title.

Last edited:

mf1972

Is that "Down" the same idea like "White House Down"? Edit: I viewed a trailer of "Watership Down" on Youtube. It is not at all what I expected based on the title.
shouldā€™ve mentioned itā€™s computer animated about rabbits. i know itā€™s based on a novel. was made into an animated movie in the late 70ā€™s. that version was pretty bloody. prob not for kids today.

Minnesota disney fan

I like the Great British Baking Show. It sounds dumb, but it is fun, funny and entertaining. Checks all the boxes:)
I like that the contestants treat each other with respect. There is no back biting, cussing, or any of the stuff you usually see in contests. It is refreshing! I watched all the Witcher episodes, kinda of weird but I got hooked on it:) Father Brown is good too, and I think Downton Abbey is on there too. Amost forgot Stranger Things, which I watched up until I got spooked and quit!

Quinnmac000

IF you want a family show, I can't recommend enough Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeast. It's reminscent of old school disney meets Avatar The Last Airbender.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
IF you want a family show, I can't recommend enough Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeast. It's reminscent of old school disney meets Avatar The Last Airbender.
I was hoping for movie suggestions. It seems that my search for movies that used to be in the theaters a year or two ago failed because Netflix does not have may of those popular...hit....Hollywood movies.

Minnesota disney fan

I'm flexible.
Science Fiction
Mystery
Romance
Others too
Not comedy though.
Not Thrillers or anything creepy
OH, you were interested in movies? Seems like we mostly watched tV shows. We watch a wide range of movies. My husband likes old Westerns so it's John Wayne, Clint Eastwood:) He also likes the Superman, Wonderwoman type of movies by Marvel? I think? I really haven't watched many movies on Netflix or Amazon. I mostly like the serials, such as Candlewood, Downton Abbey, that kind of thing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I need to laugh.

Biggest Decision right now: "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" vs a "Best Of" including Lumberjack, Dead Parrot, Argument Clinic, Spanish Inquisition, and Cleese jumping the Channel and eating a cathedral.

Why isn't there a Monty Python land at Disney?

Netflix has the entire Monty Python's Flying Circus series.

Since we have the time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom