Stop hoarding! YOU are the problem!

Tony the Tigger

My kid has an orthodontist appointment coming up. Getting adjustments hurts. We are out of children’s advil. It is out of stock everywhere now. I had to order from a third party from Walmart. For the heck of it I checked on things like children’s cough syrup and gummy immune support vitamins. Out of stock everywhere! Cannot even get it delivered. Not available till the end of the month at Amazon. Have people just gotten completely irrational???
You can also ask people you know in other towns (like me in the chit chat thread) to keep an eye out for something important.

My father-in-law in his 70’s with COPD had two requests: a lime, and a package of Thomas’ plain bagels. I went to two Publix that had paper towels in stock but not those two items. The following morning, I was going to try another Publix (after they restocked all night) but the parking lot was pretty full, so as much as I hate the company, I went to a Walmart food market (not a regular Walmart) and found both of them, plus lemons, plus dog treats, etc. It can be hit or miss, but your best shot is typically in the morning.

MySmallWorldof4

You can also ask people you know in other towns (like me in the chit chat thread) to keep an eye out for something important.

My father-in-law in his 70’s with COPD had two requests: a lime, and a package of Thomas’ plain bagels. I went to two Publix that had paper towels in stock but not those two items. The following morning, I was going to try another Publix (after they restocked all night) but the parking lot was pretty full, so as much as I hate the company, I went to a Walmart food market (not a regular Walmart) and found both of them, plus lemons, plus dog treats, etc. It can be hit or miss, but your best shot is typically in the morning.
We have not had an issue finding food actually. The stores were emptier, but things like organic products were available as they are more expensive. My only issue was some form of ibuprofen and of all things elderberry gummy vitamins. I hope the next few weeks go quickly. Hope your business will not suffer.

eliza61nyc

So on one of the morning shows they had a psychologist give I guess what is a clinical explanation behind hoarding. evidently it makes us feel more in control in times of chaos.

lol she could explain the obsession with toilet paper though.

Tony the Tigger

We have not had an issue finding food actually. The stores were emptier, but things like organic products were available as they are more expensive. My only issue was some form of ibuprofen and of all things elderberry gummy vitamins. I hope the next few weeks go quickly. Hope your business will not suffer.
BFD8A1C6-2DCA-43FE-B701-4D2EC414E0BE.jpeg

Local dollar tree. Say the word.

RobWDW1971

DisneyGigi

I think now would be a perfect time for people to plan for even a patio or pallet garden. It is spring and time to plant. I have done it most of my life on a large scale. Think 100 qts of just green beans. (Kudos to my parents for teaching me to grow and can my own vegetables, fruits) You know that you will have it available. I always buy groceries on sale and buy bulk, so I didn’t buy that much more than normally. There are no cleaners, no soap and barely any meat at any grocery stores here. Stay safe and healthy everyone. Think of the other person in any way you can. I am mailing my uncle some staples, and snacks, since no one can visit him in the rest home. Go to your local farmers market bulk sales for veggies - fruit if you can’t find it.

seabreezept813

It is very frustrating because my husband, a truck driver, needs to bring bottled water. Yes he fills up a yeti, but sometimes it is hard when on the road to get drinks, wash hands, use the restroom. We are running out of hand sanitizer for him and he actually complained today that rest stop restrooms weren’t even open. Wish we could leave some supplies for people who don’t have other options.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
It is very frustrating because my husband, a truck driver, needs to bring bottled water. Yes he fills up a yeti, but sometimes it is hard when on the road to get drinks, wash hands, use the restroom. We are running out of hand sanitizer for him and he actually complained today that rest stop restrooms weren’t even open. Wish we could leave some supplies for people who don’t have other options.
I wish that too. He is helping others but re what you report, he needs some help re hand sanitizer. Hope things improve in that regard soon.

Lilofan

Your hands may smell and some may think you have been drinking, but worse case, you can use everclear grain alcohol, or vinegar to disinfect your hands.

Rista1313

This rant isn't about hoarding today..it's about sheltering in place... I swear everyone thinks that means they can run all around town... we have seen more people driving on the roads than ever! Stay home people, the more you keep going out... the longer this is going to last. We've also seen more people walking than we ever have been... I suppose that's a good thing, but hubby and I are used to being the only ones on the sidewalk.

Down to 9 rolls of TP... and 5 boxes of kleenex (since I couldn't find any TP)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This rant isn't about hoarding today..it's about sheltering in place... I swear everyone thinks that means they can run all around town... we have seen more people driving on the roads than ever! Stay home people, the more you keep going out... the longer this is going to last. We've also seen more people walking than we ever have been... I suppose that's a good thing, but hubby and I are used to being the only ones on the sidewalk.

Down to 9 rolls of TP... and 5 boxes of kleenex (since I couldn't find any TP)

My governor told everyone they could go out for a walk, but to keep six feet distance from one another (no group activities such a basketball in the park, etc.). We can also go to grocery stores and pharmacies, and banks. The grocery stores have the plexiglass shields in front of the cashiers, and there is tape on the floor spaced at 6 feet, so that customers give one another that space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom