Houses near MK

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am sure this has been discussed before, but does anyone know anything about this little neighborhood near Magic Kingdom?

1584665560525.png
Hou

Cmdr_Crimson

Yep, technically those are just about the only residences on true WDW property. Pretty fascinating.
Aren't they Disney's higher up's homes? It has to be interesting to constantly hear the fireworks each and every night being so close...(Well, as of right now not so much).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As others have said, select middle management houses.

In short, when Reedy Creek was set up technically it had two cities with residents, and residents could vote. So by only having employees living on property the vote was assured to be what was wanted. This is the city of Bay Lake. The city of Lake Buena Vista is north of DS:

261DF6F3-EAFD-409E-8F3C-2A3348C8615D.jpeg

These areas are private so please respect that should you think of going to say hi.

Lilofan

I don't know about that. I've never seen anything about this so I just looked it up and the houses don't look impressive. I don't think Disney high ups would have above ground pools. Nothing about this little circle of homes screams "luxury."

View attachment 457454
It is manufactured homes ( aka trailer homes ). It's gated to prevent people from driving around like some do in Celebration.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
As others have said, select middle management houses.

In short, when Reedy Creek was set up technically it had two cities with residents, and residents could vote. So by only having employees living on property the vote was assured to be what was wanted. This is the city of Bay Lake. The city of Lake Buena Vista is north of DS:

View attachment 457455

These areas are private so please respect that should you think of going to say hi.

So are there restrictions on who can live there?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Are they true residents living full time in those homes, or is it a legal loophole?
They are full time residents at these addresses. This is a normal residential neighborhood and these are their legal addresses. These are the legal residents of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista who make up the voting citizenship of the two townships inside RCID. I believe that both communities were gated a few years ago due to people trolling through the neighborhoods who didn't belong there and disturbing the privacy of the residents.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
They are full time residents at these addresses. This is a normal residential neighborhood and these are their legal addresses. These are the legal residents of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista who make up the voting citizenship of the two townships inside RCID. I believe that both communities were gated a few years ago due to people trolling through the neighborhoods who didn't belong there and disturbing the privacy of the residents.

Looking at the tax maps, the entire area is owned by Disney. So are these people renting from Disney?

JustAFan

I believe the residents (also Disney employees) own their homes, but rent the lot from Disney. This allows Disney to operate RCID with residents that vote. It also allows Disney to 'evict' a resident if they go rogue and vote the way they don't like.

Pepper's Ghost

trick or treating there must take 5 min

Funny... I thought the exact same thing. That would be awful. I could never live in an exclusive area like this even if I wanted to, could afford to, and/or was invited to. I'm a HUGE Halloween fan and go all out decorating the house. It'd be no fun if only a few people could enjoy it. In fact, it might actually annoy snooty Disney execs or middle management. lol.

Disney4family

Funny... I thought the exact same thing. That would be awful. I could never live in an exclusive area like this even if I wanted to, could afford to, and/or was invited to. I'm a HUGE Halloween fan and go all out decorating the house. It'd be no fun if only a few people could enjoy it. In fact, it might actually annoy snooty Disney execs or middle management. lol.
I guess they pop next to door to MK and do it there. Still, not the same...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom