Disney rehiring when it opens back up again

MickeyMind

Original Poster
What are your thoughts on how this will look once Disney finally gets back up and running again?

With all the cp kids now gone and all the other thousands of employees they had to let go do you think they will have a tough time restaffing the resort?

How long after Disney is open again do you think it will take them to restaff their parks?

disneyflush

I think it depends on if people are able to find other jobs while they are not working at Disney. I'm not sure how long it takes to train the various roles. I think there will be a considerable pool of people to restaff the parks with though.

Pepper's Ghost

I think it depends on if people are able to find other jobs while they are not working at Disney. I'm not sure how long it takes to train the various roles. I think there will be a considerable pool of people to restaff the parks with though.

This is my opinion as well. I'll bet that they rehire at least 80%-90% of the staff that was just let go. Given the resume these individuals have and the fact that it is likely mostly in the service industry (of some kind), EVERYTHING is shut down which will make it difficult for most of them to find other work IMO. For their sake I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt many industries are hiring right now except for maybe in supermarkets, Walmart, Amazon, etc. who need help keeping their shelves stocked. My heart goes out to everyone who has just lost their job because of this pandemic. I grew up in a lower-middle class family that would DEFINITELY be affected by an event like this. I hope the government finds a way to help all these individuals in their time of need.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

I agree with the rehiring. Those employees probably won't look for a job anyways since everyone is on lockdown. DCP I believe is just suspended so reconsideration is still possible cause all the effort of hiring them for nothing?

Lilofan

I agree with the rehiring. Those employees probably won't look for a job anyways since everyone is on lockdown. DCP I believe is just suspended so reconsideration is still possible cause all the effort of hiring them for nothing?
I think there was a post that DCP were due to by April 20 but I'm sure that is subject to change.

Last edited:

BWV2013

There should be a fresh batch of college program members starting in March (late spring session) and in May. The ones that were sent home can also apply to come back for another session.

JIMINYCR

With people out of work for who knows how long, once Disney reopens there shouldnt be a scarcity of people looking for work. Disney has never had a problem attracting those who want to work for the mouse, so the work force will be available. It may end up being scaled back from what they had prior to the virus because of the money available for incomes. But I'm expecting the number of Disney bound vacationers will drop because the public will have to rebound from what theyve gonre through and have to rebuild their own finances as well. A recession as some have said we needed to drop crowd numbers in the parks looks as being realistic. We should see crowds dramatically lessened in the parks for a while, even if Disney offers specials to attract guests back.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Plus, Disney has the lists of current and former employees, large numbers of PT'ers, and even the sun-bird people from out-of-state they could call on to crank things back up.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
In May 8000 new DCP students will be arriving and have not been told not to report. They even did their housing/picked housing last week as usual. So I don’t think staffing will be an issue for when park is to reopen. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In May 8000 new DCP students will be arriving and have not been told not to report. They even did their housing/picked housing last week as usual. So I don’t think staffing will be an issue for when park is to reopen. ;)
I’ll be very (and pleasantly) surprised if that happens in May. Regardless, there’s been a lot of cancellations.

celluloid

I feel bad for the Reservation Centers. They do have work which is nice for the ones who can work from home but the phone lines must be more odd than ever. You try and save the sale because that is business instruction. agents are also not going to make as much commission during this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom