Reported Cases... And Deaths... of Those with CoronaVirus at WDW

Animaniac93-98

"It appears Jeffrey was higher-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had undergone surgery for testicular cancer back in 2016."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
"It appears Jeffrey was higher-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had undergone surgery for testicular cancer back in 2016."

And?...

Are you glossing over the part where someone infected with CV was at WDW and spitting up blood that night and took a plane out of Orlando?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It's always sad when someone looses his life at such young age. I feel for his family.

His possibly carrying the virus at WDW just a couple of weeks ago, is reason for major concern...

StarWarsGirl

This should be a warning to all asthmatics: if you have asthma, you need to be extra cautious about this virus. Try to stay home if at all possible. Be extra vigilant about your breathing. Try to get a peak flow meter and a nebulizer if you have more than just very mild asthma. If you notice any asthma symptoms, treat them right away. Do not wait.

I say this as an asthmatic who is currently staying home with a nebulizer by my bed and a stash of meds just in case. This is awful. And WDW was wise to close, even though it sucks that so many people had their vacations ruined.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's a cautionary tale, too, for all the people who kept going to Disney near its last days open thinking it wouldn't be bad because there were no reported cases in the area.

The way CV incubates and transmits even with little or mild symptoms means it's hidden and spreading even without reported cases. And what reported cases there are come from people severely ill who got one of the few tests. If testing was widely available, we'd be able to 'see' just how widespread it already is. This means this poor guy was unknowingly spreading CV, and there were probably other people with CV in the last few weeks of the parks being open who were also spreading it.

If you were at the parks in late February and early March, you should assume you got it and act accordingly. If young and healthy, you have a good chance of surviving (although, keep in mind that 'mild' symptoms are anything short of needing hospitalization -- you can be hacking and bedridden for weeks). However, you could be spreading it to others who won't survive it, like this poor guy who had asthma.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a cautionary tale, too, for all the people who kept going to Disney near its last days open thinking it wouldn't be bad because there were no reported cases in the area.

The way CV incubates and transmits even with little or mild symptoms means it's hidden and spreading even without reported cases. And what reported cases there are come from people severely ill who got one of the few tests. If testing was widely available, we'd be able to 'see' just how widespread it already is. This means this poor guy was unknowingly spreading CV, and there were probably other people with CV in the last few weeks of the parks being open who were also spreading it.

If you were at the parks in late February and early March, you should assume you got it and act accordingly. If young and healthy, you have a good chance of surviving (although, keep in mind that 'mild' symptoms are anything short of needing hospitalization -- you can be hacking and bedridden for weeks). However, you could be spreading it to others who won't survive it, like this poor guy who had asthma.
That late night fireworks stuff on Sunday seems kinda stupid now doesn’t it?

We all are stuggling to catch up with this...every single one of us. But we were all very much in the dark for weeks - maybe months.

When they decided to close...was that Thursday?...it was obviously due to more data or warnings from the authorities than anyone in the media or public knew.

We see why. I still can’t shake the feeling that the experts knew already just the kind of rapid exposure/infection was going on and Disney acted on that tip...not just liability issues.

I can’t even imagine how many have been exposed/infected in the US at this point. A hellsalot more than our inadequate testing program - for sure.

Good luck to everyone.

Minnesota disney fan

We were there during that exact time frame, and we are fine, thank God! We are both in our 70's. We are staying home and being careful, but nothing has happened in the past 3 weeks.

Dukeblue1227

This should be a warning to all asthmatics: if you have asthma, you need to be extra cautious about this virus. Try to stay home if at all possible. Be extra vigilant about your breathing. Try to get a peak flow meter and a nebulizer if you have more than just very mild asthma. If you notice any asthma symptoms, treat them right away. Do not wait.

I say this as an asthmatic who is currently staying home with a nebulizer by my bed and a stash of meds just in case. This is awful. And WDW was wise to close, even though it sucks that so many people had their vacations ruined.

Asthmatic here. I’m legitimately terrified. I haven’t left the house in almost 3 weeks, son as been home from daycare for almost 2, we only do delivery groceries and wipe down everything we bring into the house. Still just terrified that something somehow will slip through the cracks...

Minnesota disney fan

Asthmatic here. I’m legitimately terrified. I haven’t left the house in almost 3 weeks, son as been home from daycare for almost 2, we only do delivery groceries and wipe down everything we bring into the house. Still just terrified that something somehow will slip through the cracks...
You are not alone! I think everyone knows someone who is immune suppressed or with respiratory illness. Stay at home and take care. This, too, will pass!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom