All boat rides (with the exception of Jungle Cruise) are either currently being drained or will be soon..

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Someone asked Joe Rohde this on Twitter, something to the effect of, can the Yeti be fixed in the 15 days. Joe said NO.
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 4.44.38 PM.png

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Anything else you can share with us, Mr or Ms nobody? What is Disney planning on doing with all this downtime?

Maintenance and a refresh. A few new coats of paint, some minor repair work. Nothing too exciting.

Maintenance is not going to get better at this time, unfortunately everything is on freeze.

Not exactly true. Most outside contractors are on hold, but some actual Disney employees are still working.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't think there is a connection to the Rivers of America unless it is a buried pipe. If you look at the satellite photos the only connection the Jungle Cruise could have a connection to is the moat and the water around the central hub. RoA is connected to Seven Seas Lagoon by a canal that is used to get the riverboat to the maintenance dock on Bay Lake.
The main reason for draining all indoor water rides is that if the air conditioning is shut down you would have high humidity and probably mold and mildew and damage to the animatronics and other set pieces in just a few days.
The main reason for not draining Jungle Cruise is that since it is an outdoor ride every time it rains the water would have to be pumped out again.
Jungle Cruise overflows into the moat system but not the other way around. The moat is fed by the waterfalls near Friers Nook Bridge. Jungle Cruise recycles via Schweitzer Falls.

AFAIK ROA is a separate entity and obviously shares more with the WDW canal system and MK resort lakes than the park waterways.

Mike730

Jungle Cruise overflows into the moat system but not the other way around. The moat is fed by the waterfalls near Friers Nook Bridge. Jungle Cruise recycles via Schweitzer Falls.

AFAIK ROA is a separate entity and obviously shares more with the WDW canal system and MK resort lakes than the park waterways.
Is "Friers Nook Bridge" the northern tomorrowland bridge?

PaulZ

I feel like I heard somewhere recently that all of the MK rides were connected through some water system and it’s all the same water that filters through. I don’t know if that’s true or not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
OMG...my 14-year-old keeps saying that and trying to find evidence of it! 😂

Monitor what they find.

There's a quack scientist in Japan who makes that claim that water does indeed remember (bordering on water even having sentience). In his "experiment," water exposed to the word "Hitler" went bad faster than other water. It should be no surprise to anyone that he won't reveal the gritty details of his experiments and no scientist anywhere has been able to replicate it.

In a more subtle version of "water having memory" is the basis of homeopathic ""medicine"". The claim here is that you can expose water to some curative substance and then keep watering down the water such that if there's any of the original curative substance is left, it's only a few molecules. But, that's OK! Because the water that was exposed to it remembers the curative substance and will itself be curative!!

Of course, water everywhere in the wild is exposed to deadly diseases, but they don't think about the bad things "water remembers."

So... keep an eye out that your 14 year old isn't led down that path on the Internet.

ImperfectPixie

Monitor what they find.

There's a quack scientist in Japan who makes that claim that water does indeed remember (bordering on water even having sentience). In his "experiment," water exposed to the word "Hitler" went bad faster than other water. It should be no surprise to anyone that he won't reveal the gritty details of his experiments and no scientist anywhere has been able to replicate it.

In a more subtle version of "water having memory" is the basis of homeopathic ""medicine"". The claim here is that you can expose water to some curative substance and then keep watering down the water such that if there's any of the original curative substance is left, it's only a few molecules. But, that's OK! Because the water that was exposed to it remembers the curative substance and will itself be curative!!

Of course, water everywhere in the wild is exposed to deadly diseases, but they don't think about the bad things "water remembers."

So... keep an eye out that your 14 year old isn't led down that path on the Internet.
Thanks for the heads up! Fortunately, he's talking more about the "cartoon world" kind of evidence...like being able to hold it's shape, that kind of thing. He's autistic, so emotionally, he's younger than his 14 years. (Even as his mom, I sometimes have to remind myself of that.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom