Rumor Is Apple about to make the happiest acquisition on earth?

lazyboy97o

Your statement is more accurate than mine, but why were they forced to pay massive fines and/or settlements? Gotta be something wrong they did. There are many reasons I dislike the iPhone, but not being able to change the battery myself and not being able to install external memory cards is way up there on my list. That's one of the great things about not living in a dictatorship and having choices. We all have the ability to purchase what we prefer. With that said, I prefer Apple not purchase Disney. lol 🤣
Apple did not disclose the throttling.

Josh Hendy

In times of economic stress, wartime and other emergencies, govts sometimes try to encourage or actually force companies into mergers or price-fixing cartels. So the regulatory approval objection might ... I said MIGHT ... not be such a big hurdle in this case.

You can imagine it happening more in certain industries such as airlines right now, but it does happen. The more distressed and the more supposedly "vital" a sector is the more likely it is to be pushed or nudged into mergers.

Pepper's Ghost

Apple did not disclose the throttling.

Understood, but they settled a class-action. If they did nothing wrong, why would they pay half a billion to settle? I'm guessing that dragging this through the courts would cost considerably less than that if they knew they had a sure win for having done nothing wrong, not to mention the PR bump of being able to prove to everyone that they did nothing wrong. My guess is the settlement was a way to cut losses in a suit that they knew had tons of grey area that would shed them in some bad light. Most settlements are meant to squash negative information from ever getting released. If that's the case, they surely did some things they aren't proud of. Just my opinion without any first hand or even second hand info.

Walt_Disney

I think this would be the best move ever. Apple has always stuck with a team of great leadership and knows how to market things better than any other company. They have the creative team behind them along with the technology to put into the parks. And as others have pointed out, Apple TV will not be successful without a major deal partnership and the same is true for Disney Plus. Both streaming services are terrific but combine them into one amazing steaming service and you have some major competition for all the others.

Giss Neric

If Apple would be able to fund like Comcast with Universal to build new parks and expedite improvements within the parks then I'm all for it. I do, however, find Apple to be overrated.

I personally have never been an Apple user. I only buy Android phones/tablets cause it has almost the same or even better specs than an iPhone/Apple product but WAY cheaper. The only one I owned was an iPod that's it. The rest are either Samsung, Google Pixel, LG, Huawei, etc.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Is that f****** on MSNBC floating this rumor? I'm suspicious because the stock price recovered to the $90 level all afternoon and after hours...

ETA: DIS opening up closer to $88 this morning...

Last edited:

jme

I think we'd see a partnership deal struck before anything else. And I'm specifically talking about the media division of WDC, paired with the device division of Apple.
Apple's software division is of little interest to Disney
Disney's Parks/Cruise/Timeshare division are of little interest to Apple

jme

I'm obviously referring to Apple under Steve Jobs - Present. I'm well aware of what Apple used to be.
I actually think they were speaking of Apple post-Jobs era.
For example, the Mac Pro, which used to be their signature model went from 2013-2019 without any hardware revisions. That's a massive stretch of time in terms of keeping up with computer hardware advances.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If Apple buys Disney, you can bet they'll divest the TV networks and parks. They're in it for the content -- they don't want to run theme parks or TV stations.

jt04

Theres only one tiny little positive that would come from it...you'd have a MDE app on your apple watch to replace magic bands, and not look like a loony wearing both an apple watch and a magicband on the same wrist

What Apple Watch?

Mickey5150

Apple buys Disney and Six Flags. Turns the Disney Parks and Six Flags into their own company. Disney parks continue with their current IPs, Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Avatar and Six Flags can use the millions of other IPs in their parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom