Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

I did and couldn't find one case of a CP contacting Disney about accommodations if they could not leave immediately, just an endless stream of people talking about how Disney is "kicking people out".
They can't at this time due to social media policy but I admire your optimism.

wdwfan22

But did they ask? They may not have said anything in the notice about it to put pressure on people to leave if they can.

Yes, many have asked and are not getting any answers. Many are voicing frustration at the moment, which is to be expected after all they just lost their internships.

Lilofan

Yes, many have asked and are not getting any answers. Many are voicing frustration at the moment, which is to be expected after all they just lost their internships.
They've got until March 18 to vacate the premises so hopefully they can make it safely home.

LSLS

I did and couldn't find one case of a CP contacting Disney about accommodations if they could not leave immediately, just an endless stream of people talking about how Disney is "kicking people out".

Who do you ask though? Their managers didnt know this was coming. Maybe disney will help people. But dumping kids out with a few days notice and saying good luck even if they are only a few hundred miles away is horrible.

21stamps

...and CP kids posting their Venmo for strangers to send money to them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Who do you ask though? Their managers didnt know this was coming. Maybe disney will help people. But dumping kids out with a few days notice and saying good luck even if they are only a few hundred miles away is horrible.

As you say, they may help people, why choose to jump to the negative?

Lilofan

So you intentionally sent people to Twitter knowing full well that we would not be able to find first hand information there?
No need to be defensive. There was a post from a CP expressing his feelings. I didn't scroll more since there are many posts.

21stamps

This was only announced a few hour ago right? Seems like an over reaction to me.

Yep.. and I just read through one who was asking money for rent.. but the comments to her are saying that disney waived the rent, and is paying them for their normal hours even though they won’t be working.

That’s more help than what most college kids are getting right now. I don’t see how Disney is the big-bad-guy here.

Lilofan

Yep.. and I just read through one who was asking money for rent.. but the comments to her are saying that disney waived the rent, and is paying them for their normal hours even though they won’t be working.

That’s more help than what most college kids are getting right now. I don’t see how Disney is the big-bad-guy here.
Disney is not. They advised the cast this was a difficult decision and gave them the date they need to vacate.

NickMaio

So much for bowing out of the conversation...

Life has a mortality rate of 100%. How's that for doom 'n' gloom?
I had to come back ..... if not to simply coax out one of your Pearl's of wisdom.
I have not read my weekly Larryism.

Lilofan

Kudos to Disney given the impacted cast a two week severance pay. It would help them fund last minute transportation to get home when they need to vacate in a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom