News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

I had this thought last night, and I hope someone will tell me I'm wrong - but would it save them a good amount of money if they drastically alter the concept to put the Moana walk-through where they have already torn down Innoventions, and turn the remaining Innoventions West that is still standing into the Festival Center? Or is this project past the point of no return?

It makes no thematic sense for Moana to be near Figment, but that hasn't that stopped them before.
People like big shiny things.
They build big shiny thing.
People love the big shiny thing.
In 5 years people realize big shiny thing isn't big enough and complain about being packed into small place on big shiny thing.
They can't expand big shiny thing (easily).
But at least we get big shiny thing that'll look good on social media.

An Innoventions building overhaul makes far too much sense for this project. It's better to spend money on something that'll get people to love it for a few years before realizing the shortcomings of it.

aladdin2007

I had this thought last night, and I hope someone will tell me I'm wrong - but would it save them a good amount of money if they drastically alter the concept to put the Moana walk-through where they have already torn down Innoventions, and turn the remaining Innoventions West that is still standing into the Festival Center? Or is this project past the point of no return?

It makes no thematic sense for Moana to be near Figment, but that hasn't that stopped them before.

The moana thing to me belongs in animal kingdom, I wonder if anyone on the inside thought about that instead.

Spash007

The Moana walkthrough isn’t really near Figment and is in a different “neighborhood”

Right. I'm saying if they change course in order to put it where Innoventions has already been torn down, in order to keep the still-standing portion for the Festival Center, and not require a new build. So essentially the Festival Center and Moana would switch places.

montyz81

Sorry if this has been asked already. What changes to Innovention East are being made? It sort of looks like they are beginning to tear down that building. Is it a gut to the studs? Will it even look like Communicore/Innoventions in the end? Just curious how much of the original in the spine will look like EC (not including SSE and the new park entrance)

I feel like I can now make the following analogy: I am getting the sense that since Epcot's theme has been bleeding and dying for years now, they are amputating one of its legs(Innoventions West) to cut off the gangrenous spread and putting in a water prosthetic on that side. If they are reskinning Innoventions East, then that feels like they are simply putting in a permanent leg cast. It all feels rather slapped together like an ER Doc might do to save a dying man.

trainplane3

Sorry if this has been asked already. What changes to Innovention East are being made? It sort of looks like they are beginning to tear down that building. Is it a gut to the studs? Will it even look like Communicore/Innoventions in the end? Just curious how much of the original in the spine will look like EC (not including SSE and the new park entrance)

I feel like I can now make the following analogy: I am getting the sense that since Epcot's theme has been bleeding and dying for years now, they are amputating one of its legs(Innoventions West) to cut off the gangrenous spread and putting in a water prosthetic on that side. If they are reskinning Innoventions East, then that feels like they are simply putting in a permanent leg cast. It all feels rather slapped together like an ER Doc might do to save a dying man.
Total gutting. But it should look closer to CC then Innoventions in the end.
24_2.jpeg

GladToBeHear

[/optimist] Maybe they'll be able to knock out some more disruptive construction processes more quickly with no crowds in the park [optimist]

I had the same thought. Although, I'm afraid two weeks isn't enough time to do much. I was there in January and thought they should just close down that whole park and get the work done. Especially with Test Track down at the time.

DreamfinderGuy

You mean Wonders of Life?
Reminds me a time that I was in Wonders by the Pure & Simple area. Some older folk were reminiscing about the park’s past and were trying to figure out what Wonders was based on their old memories. They came to the conclusion that it used to be Horizons because they remembered dome projection screens. I corrected them and then they had a lengthy chat about Wonders amongst themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom