Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELG13

Antibiotics ONLY work on bacterial illnesses NOT on viruses they are two completely different animals. Over use of antibiotics has lead to rampant bacterial resistance to antibiotics. I did a study years ago on the bacterial resistance of E.coli found in dolphins I was shocked at the level of resistance to a wide spectrum of antibiotics. Animals in the wild never given antibiotics
Oh I can only imagine. I try explaining that to people all the time. It's like anything . I mean we have super lice now because they have developed a resistance to normal lice shampoo!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I see Disney is extending our APs the number of days the parks are closed. Any word of they will do the same with TiW?

Given Disney has already basically said all ticketing is extended... I gotta imagine they will have waivers for anything date based. It may take some time for the changes to ripple through everything.. but Disney has already set the precedent. They aren't going to hold customers accountable for expiration/dates...

DCBaker

Premium Member
News from Delta Airlines -

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 1.59.54 PM.png

The Mom

Premium Member
Oh I can only imagine. I try explaining that to people all the time. It's like anything . I mean we have super lice now because they have developed a resistance to normal lice shampoo!

Parents would get a message that someone in the class has lice, so please check your child. Instead of doing that, they would treat them with lice shampoo - "just in case. "

The same is happening now. Someone has cold or flu symptoms (very common this time of year) so instead of staying at home, and treating it with "rest, stay warm, drinks lots of fluids, and to ease discomfort take xyz product"

Instead they are running to the doctor's asking to be tested for Covid-19 - "just in case."

tallica

This may not be popular and sorry if someone already posted this opinion. We all new corona was coming. why didn't we just have the people that are vulnerable to a severe corona infection isolate themselves and let the rest of society go about business as usual. We could have been proactive and set up a support system for these people.

ImperfectPixie

This may not be popular and sorry if someone already posted this opinion. We all new corona was coming. why didn't we just have the people that are vulnerable to a severe corona infection isolate themselves and let the rest of society go about business as usual. We could have been proactive and set up a support system for these people.
Because that makes too much sense.

EmmieSue

I was wondering this as well. This seems to be what is happening in Norway. My friend who has asthma, and is therefore considered high risk, was told to work remotely and isolate herself in her apartment.

ImperfectPixie

Parents would get a message that someone in the class has lice, so please check your child. Instead of doing that, they would treat them with lice shampoo - "just in case. "

The same is happening now. Someone has cold or flu symptoms (very common this time of year) so instead of staying at home, and treating it with "rest, stay warm, drinks lots of fluids, and to ease discomfort take xyz product"

Instead they are running to the doctor's asking to be tested for Covid-19 - "just in case."
A by-product of social media is pressure on new moms to be perfect...I succumbed to it for a little bit, and with 2 sons who have autism, I can tell you it was devastating with trying to keep up with it all. Thankfully I'm back to my hippie-ish, laid-back ways and really don't really give a crap what anyone else thinks of my parenting abilities. If I'm concerned about my boys' health...I call the nurse at the pediatrician's office and ask if I should bring them in...it saves us all tons of time and money. (Hubby thinks I'm nuts for not bringing them at the first sign of a cough - and I just keep telling him what they tell me...it's a cold, they'll get over it.)

The Mom

Premium Member

Unfortunately, the majority of people in the US who have died were high risk folks who were already isolated from the rest of society. Their caregivers/visitors/vendors went about business as usual and brought it into their rooms.

I've heard many reports that nursing homes and hospitals are limiting visitors now - limiting them to healthcare workers who have to use precautions..

PeoplemoverTTA

100 million Americans have high blood pressure and are considered "high risk." That's just one thing. Putting every person with an underlying health condition into isolation would arguably cause the same, if not more, chaos.

That, and there are still some outlier people who otherwise seem healthy that are getting this virus and having serious complications. We just don't know enough about how this virus acts to assume this person is safe and this person is not.

seascape

And Busch. And Legoland. And Six Flags.
It's about time. Why does everyone have to wait until Disney takes the lead. Those 3 should be ashamed of themselves for taking so long. But, what about paying their employees? Are they paying them? If Six Flags doesn't. I will drop my Diamond Elite Membership. My money only goes to companies that care about their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom