Let’s all take a moment... (Positive thread)

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
I don’t post threads often but I feel like today is the day. As someone who works in HR, I see the stress and worry the virus, the fear of the unknown, is putting in everyone. I also see the importance of finding reasons to smile, to see the sun and remember brighter days are ahead of us. So that’s what this thread is for. Share your favorite Disney memory with your friends or family. A funny moment that had the whole family laughing or a touching one that brought tears to your eyes. Let’s spread some positivity today!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
From our trip last September:

A told me before this trip she wouldn't talk about bewbs with the princesses, and so far she has kept her word... But that didn't stop her from yelling over to me "MOMMY!! When I'm an adult can I have a purple bra too?!?" And then turning to Ariel and asking "can i have THIS purple bra when I'm all grown up?!"

Ariel didn't say no, per se, but she certainly didn't say yes. So this is the picture we got 😂😂😂
520788719_946817842_dsnyres-base_dsnyloc-reg-jpeg.410675

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
From our trip last September:

A told me before this trip she wouldn't talk about bewbs with the princesses, and so far she has kept her word... But that didn't stop her from yelling over to me "MOMMY!! When I'm an adult can I have a purple bra too?!?" And then turning to Ariel and asking "can i have THIS purple bra when I'm all grown up?!"

Ariel didn't say no, per se, but she certainly didn't say yes. So this is the picture we got 😂😂😂
520788719_946817842_dsnyres-base_dsnyloc-reg-jpeg.410675
Omg that is precious 😂😂😂

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
My family has been going to Disney for generations. My great grandfather would take my mom and her cousins to Magic Kingdom since the 70s. My great grandmother is 85 now and has gotten to a point where she probably won’t be able to go back. Last year, we were watching Happily Ever After and we all knew it was gonna be her last trip. After the show she turned to us with a tear in her eye and said “You know, your Pawpaw would have loved that.” Of course everyone go tearful but it reminded us that Disney has always played such an important part of our lives.

Lilofan

At DHS, there was a High School Musical performance in front of the Great Movie Ride. There were several hundred guests with their kids waiting for the afternoon show. It just rained hard and the pavement where the performers were going to perform was very wet. Right before the announcement was made to cancel the show because of hazardous conditions, a mother said let the kids dry the floor! In a matter of minutes cast members alongside little ones were on their hands and knees drying the pavement. The parents were cheering and taking pictures. This was in 2006. The show went on! 😃

NelleBelle

My family has been going to Disney for generations. My great grandfather would take my mom and her cousins to Magic Kingdom since the 70s. My great grandmother is 85 now and has gotten to a point where she probably won’t be able to go back. Last year, we were watching Happily Ever After and we all knew it was gonna be her last trip. After the show she turned to us with a tear in her eye and said “You know, your Pawpaw would have loved that.” Of course everyone go tearful but it reminded us that Disney has always played such an important part of our lives.
Here's a picture of my grandfather (my 2 DS "great boppa") with us when my boys were quite young--it was one of the last family trips we took with him. He would've traveled to the moon to be with those boys! It was one of the best trips ever! It wasn't long after this trip that we lost him but we will always remember it as one of the best!
1584117127841.png

NickMaio

I, as well as others here, can definitely relate to your experience.
Disney is not just a theme park for some of us, it goes deeper than this.

Two years ago we shared our first WDW experience with our 10 month old son. We went back last year, and he still talks about the Monorail and driving on the Speedway.

In my mind one of my core islands is WDW. ;)

Minnesota disney fan

I, as well as others here, can definitely relate to your experience.
Disney is not just a theme park for some of us, it goes deeper than this.

Two years ago we shared our first WDW experience with our 10 month old son. We went back last year, and he still talks about the Monorail and driving on the Speedway.

In my mind one of my core islands is WDW. ;)
I know how you feel. Our kids and grandkids loved the Speedway. I feel bad when someone says Disney should get rid of that ride; it's too noisy and smells like fuel. The little kids that ride it love it for what it is an I would hate to see it go.

COrunner

We are all passionate and sometimes critical of Disney so the hope as always is something as unknown and scary as this situation brings things into perspective.

Three years ago, family Halloween party trip and enjoying the parks, we had just finished up our 'last' ride of the trip on RnRC, knew the park was closing soon. Walking by the stone entrance to ToT and a cast member was standing there waving, my dad mentioned jokingly 'I think we have reservations this evening is it too late to check in?' and to our semi-surprise the case member said in creepy HM level dead pan "sir let me walk you to the front desk". She lead us to the queue entrance and there was another cast member which she informed we were there to check in and he just as matter a factly responded "Delightful, you may be checking out quickly though" and like that we were allowed through the queue. Got through the lobby and were ushered through the library into the queue with the remaining guests for the evening.

After our now last, LAST ride and walking up sunset blvd. we made a last stop for some snacks to pack for the flight and got through the checkout when the clerk asked my daughter to "show her which one was her favorite character caramel apple". She pointed to the maleficent one and the lady said great choice and handed it to her and said it was on the house.

To me, that is part of the Disney magic I love. It doesn't have to happen often but small moments like that, on days like today and weeks like we've had, make me happy for the future.

Pepper's Ghost

Share your favorite Disney memory with your friends or family. A funny moment that had the whole family laughing or a touching one that brought tears to your eyes. Let’s spread some positivity today!

Not sure this qualifies, but it's one of my favorite Disney stories. My first time to Disney was as an adult, roughly 25 years old with my then girlfriend and eventual wife. She hadn't been there since she was about 12 YO, but remembered quite well. I had literally no interest in anything Disney, and honestly although I love the parks, still don't care much about the characters. I remember on the flight to Orlando I was working on my laptop, and my "girlfriend" asks me why I'm not more excited, "do you even know where you're going???" I said something like, "sure, it's like a really big Six Flags. I get it." She replies, "Uh, NO. It's not 'a really big Six Flags'. You have no idea." I scoffed, and continued working.

We get there late in the evening. The next morning we wake up and get into some major argument. I have no idea what about honestly. We grab breakfast, and go to the shuttle for our first day which is at MK. Since the argument we haven't said a word to each other. We get to MK, go through the gate, and take our first steps into the MK circa 2000. It was absolutely magical! We both turned into little kids and absorbed every bit of detail as we walked down Main St. I remember feeling like a kid running down Main St. with a giant helium balloon. By the time we got to the Ice Cream Parlor, we had completely forgotten about whatever it was we argued about, and were giggling like fools. Great memories of my first trip! 🤣

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
Not sure this qualifies, but it's one of my favorite Disney stories. My first time to Disney was as an adult, roughly 25 years old with my then girlfriend and eventual wife. She hadn't been there since she was about 12 YO, but remembered quite well. I had literally no interest in anything Disney, and honestly although I love the parks, still don't care much about the characters. I remember on the flight to Orlando I was working on my laptop, and my "girlfriend" asks me why I'm not more excited, "do you even know where you're going???" I said something like, "sure, it's like a really big Six Flags. I get it." She replies, "Uh, NO. It's not 'a really big Six Flags'. You have no idea." I scoffed, and continued working.

We get there late in the evening. The next morning we wake up and get into some major argument. I have no idea what about honestly. We grab breakfast, and go to the shuttle for our first day which is at MK. Since the argument we haven't said a word to each other. We get to MK, go through the gate, and take our first steps into the MK circa 2000. It was absolutely magical! We both turned into little kids and absorbed every bit of detail as we walked down Main St. I remember feeling like a kid running down Main St. with a giant helium balloon. By the time we got to the Ice Cream Parlor, we had completely forgotten about whatever it was we argued about, and were giggling like fools. Great memories of my first trip! 🤣
I love it! Thanks for the honest story!

The Grand Inquisitor

I don’t post threads often but I feel like today is the day. As someone who works in HR, I see the stress and worry the virus, the fear of the unknown, is putting in everyone. I also see the importance of finding reasons to smile, to see the sun and remember brighter days are ahead of us. So that’s what this thread is for. Share your favorite Disney memory with your friends or family. A funny moment that had the whole family laughing or a touching one that brought tears to your eyes. Let’s spread some positivity today!
This is a fantastic thread with so many great stories! I have been to Disney World 9 times. I have made many great memories at the parks. My favorite memory is when I went to MGM Studios when I was 6. We did all of the rides and shows we loved like Playhouse Disney and Muppets and Star Tours and the stars and motor cars parade. We ended the day with watching Fantasmic and My dad bought me a Bear in the big blue house stuffed animal. On our way back home I told my parents how much fun I had and how I loved them. Disney holds a very special place in my heart. I cannot wait to have kids someday so I can create some new memories with my family.

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
I remember my younger brother being a HUGE fan of JoJo’s Circus. They use to have the character trailers where the old entrance of Toy Story Mania used to be and she walked out while we were passing by. I’ll never forget walking by and my brother whispering to my mother “mama it’s Jojo” and just couldn’t believe he was seeing his hero.

The Grand Inquisitor

I remember my younger brother being a HUGE fan of JoJo’s Circus. They use to have the character trailers where the old entrance of Toy Story Mania used to be and she walked out while we were passing by. I’ll never forget walking by and my brother whispering to my mother “mama it’s Jojo” and just couldn’t believe he was seeing his hero.
I remember that! During that day at MGM I got my picture taken with JoJo and Goliath the lion and the photographer was super nice and talked with me for a while and told me to tell Mr Incredible he has bigger muscles for some reason. I later meet Mr Incredible and told him the cast member told me to say that to him and the cast member with Mr Incredible laughed. I bet they were probably friends and knew each other.

Pepper's Ghost

I remember that! During that day at MGM I got my picture taken with JoJo and Goliath the lion and the photographer was super nice and talked with me for a while and told me to tell Mr Incredible he has bigger muscles for some reason. I later meet Mr Incredible and told him the cast member told me to say that to him and the cast member with Mr Incredible laughed. I bet they were probably friends and knew each other.

Wait, are you guys siblings? 🤣 Otherwise not sure how you guys remember the same event. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom