Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I consider people who buy bottled waters for all their water-drinking (and not for convenience when they're away from a tap) or who buy lottery tickets as people who've failed an IQ test.
I buy bottled water (1 gal jugs) but only because the chemical disinfectants give my homebrew an off taste.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

trainplane3

Everything would have to go very well. If I were going in April, I’d wait a few days for phone wait times to calm a bit and then cancel. Obviously the only people who should be calling today are March travelers (imagine those poor CMs dealing with irate guests waiting several hours, in part, because people traveling in October are calling to cancel or request free upgrades).
I'm due for the tail end of April but I'm not rushing to cancel even though I expect I will need to. I think I have till a week before the hotel date to cancel and 24 hours for the flight so there's literally no rush at all.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Reposting from another thread:

At present, it is expected that WDW will close longer than two weeks but they weren’t lying--they will continually re-evaluate. I was led to believe Memorial Day is an optimistic estimate with the caveat that we truly have no way of knowing how this disease will spread, the impact of nationwide efforts, and the eventual development of herd immunity, which will finally put this to bed, optimistically, in a year.

These next few weeks are critical.
At a three month window simply restarting would be very difficult. I don’t expect Disney to keep everyone on pay beyond 2-3 weeks. To wind operations back up they would have to rehire a lot of people, assuming they are even still around.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't think we'll have to worry about that -- most local utilities don't hire 70- and 80-year-olds.

I don't know about that. The guy from waste services who shows up at my door when I complain about Waste Pro not picking up our trash, again, looks pretty "mature" to me. 😉

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Nice. That reminds me of when the final Harry Potter book was released. People were lined up outside Barnes and Noble locations; I found a huge stack of books and no crowds at Kroger.
Don't count on Kroger today -- lines back to the meat counter.

iowamomof4

I'm due for the tail end of April but I'm not rushing to cancel even though I expect I will need to. I think I have till a week before the hotel date to cancel and 24 hours for the flight so there's literally no rush at all.

Ditto as to the travel time. We have a room-only booked and my kids have date-based tickets, we have AP's that are set to expire on May 12 although that should get extended. I think I need to wait until they officially close for our dates before they will adjust our kids' tickets to be eligible until December 15 like they did for their current closure.

CJR

Will Wrestlemania cancel? Could be make or break for that company.

It's more likely that they'll continue the shows inside the WWE Performance Center and at least keep the WWE Network active and valuable. Although, it would be very odd to do WM without fans. It'll be interesting to see how they workout storytelling since some people are contracted specifically for that event, one and done.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's more likely that they'll continue the shows inside the WWE Performance Center and at least keep the WWE Network active and valuable. Although, it would be very odd to do WM without fans. It'll be interesting to see how they workout storytelling since some people are contracted specifically for that event, one and done.

Chip Chipperson

Will Wrestlemania cancel? Could be make or break for that company.

I saw a report that they are making contingency plans that include considering postponing it until June or July. It seems like WWE doesn't want to cancel/postpone unless they absolutely have to, but it seems like that's just wishful thinking on their part. The same man in charge of that company also just had to sign off on suspending the rest of the XFL season (which saw much smaller crowds than Wrestlemania), so there's no logic in pretending 70,000+ people from all over the country in 1 place is a good idea. It seems like the company is hoping the local government makes the call for them and the local government is hoping the company makes the call on their own.

DANDAMAN1

With the parks closing, I'm wondering if construction is halted or still moving forward. How will this affect all the General Contractors and their workers? This damn virus...crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom