Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchie9

LOL! well, they play on resuming soon, but based on the fact that i don't think coronavirus helps you grow defenders, i think the leafs would still have problems ;) (i'm an islanders fan, i will never forgive JT)
Your points percentage was very close to being eliminated.

Winnipeg is going to miss the play offs by .001 percent. (About the death rate of the flu ironically enough)

Rimmit

We can agree to disagree. I don’t see a situation where the national guard will be called in to keep people locked down at gunpoint. To help people, yes for sure. To protect supplies and medical workers, sure. But I don’t think if Seattle was on lock down mandated by the government they would use the national Guard to shoot people who break quarantine. I also hope you are dead wrong again.

I doubt they would shoot people as a first line option if ever. Tear gas would be more likely if force was used at all. Also they would only be brought in if people were repeatedly violating quarantine, but if no one listens and continues to endanger the health of a country, I believe they would bring in the national guard. It would not be the first line of defense by any stretch of the imagination, but if people repeatedly violate rules set to protect the health of a nation, at some point you have to show some strength. I think it is unlikely for sure and would take a number of repeated deserters and violations but it definitely could happen in the worst of circumstances.

Yodascousin

Maybe Disney are following the uks medical advice of banning large outdoor gatherings does nothing to stop the spread and is ineffective lol in true British style our pm has said keep calm and carry on sigh

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
LOL! well, they play on resuming soon, but based on the fact that i don't think coronavirus helps you grow defenders, i think the leafs would still have problems ;) (i'm an islanders fan, i will never forgive JT)
It was inevitable. Nothing personal.
7442029B-ABEF-4E8D-89C6-D3CC6E6D48A3.jpeg

lisa12000

Maybe Disney are following the uks medical advice of banning large outdoor gatherings does nothing to stop the spread and is ineffective lol in true British style our pm has said keep calm and carry on sigh

The case by the CMO and top scientists is sound though - a lot of what is happening is driven by populist politics as well; there is no evidence that shutting down schools for example is effective at all - we have three weeks to Easter break I feel many schools may break up early which is there prerogative to do so.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Winston had those signs made but they never actually were posted to the public at that time right? ;)

durangojim

That is true, but if you take a moment to think about it, it seems to be part of their cloak of deception. Disney says you can't have your money back in the policy. When a corporation puts down fine print, they usually hold to it. However, now they have a handful of people like you out there to put lipstick on the pig for them. "See! Isn't Disney great! They gave me back my money for an event that they canceled."(....Wait....What's amazing about that? Isn't that called "not being a crook"?) Meanwhile, they laugh all the way to the bank with everyone else's money who didn't think/know to ask.
Not saying they're great, just saying they did the right thing. And you're correct many people won't try to get a refund because they saw it in writing. I'm not one of those people and I don't want others on this board to be one either. It was more an informational post to let others here know they can likely get a refund rather than a rebuttal of what you wrote.

Yodascousin

The case by the CMO and top scientists is sound though - a lot of what is happening is driven by populist politics as well; there is no evidence that shutting down schools for example is effective at all - we have three weeks to Easter break I feel many schools may break up early which is there prerogative to do so.
Oh I’m not saying it’s not it’s just strange we have taken a completely different route to the rest of the world

VaderTron

Official name for it is "Guest Recovery" !
I love that name. :rolleyes: Where are they recovering the guest from? The ground they pushed them to in the first place? Reminds me of some school bullies I used to know. One puts a foot out to trip you. Then they come help you up, "Oh man! So sorry about that! I didn't see you there!" :cautious:

LauraRose

And in the UK.... carry on as you were.......

We are going the herd immunity route of hoping enough people get it whilst not too many...

I’m in the UK and can’t believe the approach of ‘too late to do this but it’s too early to do this’ so basically we are waiting until the country is in chaos before we take any steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom