News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

A Noble Fish

We make fun of Chapek a lot, and rightfully so, but he's not stupid:

“A shareholder complained about LGBT themes in Disney content and says stock price is down 20% as a result.” Chapek refuted the claim, saying the drop in stock price “might have more to do with coronavirus and the worldwide pandemic that we’re facing.

It made me laugh. I'd like to see him in a roast!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

“A shareholder complained about LGBT themes in Disney content and says stock price is down 20% as a result.” Chapek refuted the claim, saying the drop in stock price “might have more to do with coronavirus and the worldwide pandemic that we’re facing.

Who was that bassakwards nut that said that?

Josh Hendy

Here you go:
The announcement blindsided top Disney executives, including direct-to-consumer chairman Kevin Mayer, top TV exec Peter Rice and film studio chief Alan Horn. The three only learned of the change a few short hours before the rest of the world. The impact on morale at the highest levels is unknown ...
He literally left the 3rd mate, the 4th engineer and the cabin boy to plug leaks and organize the lifeboats. No wonder the maintenance and attention to detail in the parks seems "extra careless" ever since the announcement.

Maybe Iger's banking and political buddies gave him a heads up that when the stuff hits the fan, entertainment companies won't exactly be at the top of the list of companies due to be bailed out by the gov. I'd expect that will be more like, manufacturing, transportation, health care, oil companies, banks and so on.

Disney can survive this but it isn't going to be pretty.

RSoxNo1

Just because someone in the room is significantly dumber than he is, doesn't make him smart. Any one of us idiots would have responded the same way, albeit a little less politically correct.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here you go:

He literally left the 3rd mate, the 4th engineer and the cabin boy to plug leaks and organize the lifeboats. No wonder the maintenance and attention to detail in the parks seems "extra careless" ever since the announcement.

Maybe Iger's banking and political buddies gave him a heads up that when the stuff hits the fan, entertainment companies won't exactly be at the top of the list of companies due to be bailed out by the gov. I'd expect that will be more like, manufacturing, transportation, health care, oil companies, banks and so on.

Disney can survive this but it isn't going to be pretty.
What company is more in bed with China besides Disney?

Every single thing they sell comes from there...they are partnered with the government there.

Bob got the heads up and bailed to collect.

Or are some still to sell he didn’t collect? As was the defense right when this came out.

Common sense is a life plan...I’m telling ya, people 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just because someone in the room is significantly dumber than he is, doesn't make him smart. Any one of us idiots would have responded the same way, albeit a little less politically correct.
Just because someone in the room is significantly dumber than all the others...
...the others should leave the room 🤪

A Noble Fish

I'm starting to think Iger has a time machine....and he saw exactly what was coming. His timing couldn't have been more perfect for him to get out.
If you've been following this closely you'd have expected this. Iger is a really smart guy. He could understand where the evidence was leading us to like many other smart folks have as well.
He’s had this angled for several years...all the signs were there
Yup!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you've been following this closely you'd have expected this. Iger is a really smart guy. He could understand where the evidence was leading us to like many other smart folks have as well.

Yup!
Iger has been prepared to bail since at least 2018...

It’s also no coincidence that they had their biggest movie slate ever...and the presale of the streaming service...and aggressive increases in prices at parks...

In 2019.

The minute anything with his stock options looked bad...he was gonna bail. Hate to toot...but i believe I said this, right, @eliza61nyc ?? 😉

Josh Hendy

A smart guy ... but I suspect he was tipped off by friends in the financial industry and in politics. Unlike most CEOs Iger "kinda sorta" had a succession plan in place so it was more doable in his case. A lot of other CEOs would have liked to bail out if they only had an excuse.

eliza61nyc

Iger has been prepared to bail since at least 2018...

It’s also no coincidence that they had their biggest movie slate ever...and the presale of the streaming service...and aggressive increases in prices at parks...

In 2019.

The minute anything with his stock options looked bad...he was gonna bail. Hate to toot...but i believe I said this, right, @eliza61nyc ?? 😉

LOL, yes you did. :p.
I'm probably the only one here not following along. Recovering from knee replacement. Got the good happy drugs.
IMG_20200226_163414_01.jpg
Where's the stock at?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom