Being Stuck on a Ride - Which ride scene would damage your mental well-being the most?

Editor516

Not in WDW but my family got stuck on Soarin' for like 35+ minutes and we were just stuck in the air with Patrick Warburton telling us to remain seated and that the flight crew was working on bringing us down, then telling us the same thing in Spanish. That got pretty annoying even though I love Patrick's voice so much.
This. Not for the dulcet tones of Mr. Warburton, but for being stuck in the air, feet dangling, for an extended period of time. As people fidget, the gondola swings a little bit. And there’s no easy way out - they either fix the ride and lower you, or they bring in ... a scissors lift? A crane? Really tall ladders? ... to get you down.

MaximumEd

Got stuck right at “Thank the Phoenicians” for 40 minutes once. It’ll turn your favorite into something that makes you want to purposely deafen yourself after a while.

graphite1326

I posted this before on another thread but we got stuck in end scene of HM. Kept hearing "Hurry baaaack, don't forget you death certificate" over and over. Also stuck on the descend of SE where you are laying kinda horizontal. I took a nap. But the worst of all was the spinning tube in Buzz. I had to close my eyes after a while. Still have bad dreams about that one.

MickeyLuv'r

More physical then mental, would the backwards descents you get coming down into the graveyard scene in HM,

Didn't phase me much, but I have been stuck there a few times, though the stops were fairly short. Oh, and I once got stuck in full tilt by the Whomping Willow on the Hogwart's ride. That stop was kinda neat though, because it gave us a chance to look all around, and see the structure of the ride. From that angle I had a really god view of the whole area.

In general, I generally approach every ride with an expectation that we could get stuck.

Oh, the worst ever...was again on the Hogwart's Ride. Nothing to do with where I personally got stuck, but a young girl somewhere on the ride was SCREAMING in an absolute panic the whole time, and her parents couldn't do anything to help her.

Alas, it turns out the ride stop was because some idiot had a kind of club-like weapon with him, and he refused to give it up or to move. The staff saw him try to board with it, but he refused to part with this club and refused to get off the ride, even though everyone could hear this poor girl screaming. I was stuck just after the initial take off, so I could hear both interactions. Plus, everyone stuck around after we finally got off the ride to discuss the event, make sure the girl was helped,, and the guy was gone.

Worst I ever heard about was folks who got stuck upside down on a Six Flags coaster, for hours They had to go to the ER.

MickeyLuv'r

Not a ride, but does anyone else recall being woken up by the Contemporary's stupid, "Celebrate" song from Chef Mickeys? Getting woken up by that stupid song every morning- before 7am- was terrible!

Celebrate!
Celebrate!
Celebrate!

Ugh!

FettFan

Constance. She's the worst! I'd hate to be stuck listening to her spiel. I wish the attic would be rid of her.

I kind of agree with you on that. I wish they'd go back to the original concept for the Bride....the glowing eyes and red beating heart.
UM3ENcmHy0bIXJl0IT1MDOsDIFnGgK9wZzRCAabdhIEo-d6jAurnfdPAUoXt84zLkCn1i-bVP4xHeHq05WEeYY-PaH9e7A8YlMG_y6rSFUlbdZi6wC1C=s0-d

smooch

This. Not for the dulcet tones of Mr. Warburton, but for being stuck in the air, feet dangling, for an extended period of time. As people fidget, the gondola swings a little bit. And there’s no easy way out - they either fix the ride and lower you, or they bring in ... a scissors lift? A crane? Really tall ladders? ... to get you down.

Exactly! This happened when I was younger, like when I was like around 8 or something, so I had the belt through the loop so that honestly made me feel so safe up there at least slipping out wise. But yeah I wasn't sure how long we would be up there because it could take long to fix the ride, which they did, but if they did want to evacuate since you're airborne I am sure the process is much more involved than most other rides with walkways right next to them. Plus the swinging of the gondola is what annoyed me the most, someone else on the gondola thought they would pass the time by swinging the gondola, which, while being stuck on the ride possibly due to a broken gondola, was very nerve wracking no matter if swinging it actually doesn't pose a risk to the ride or not.

Zé_Carioca

Yeah Nemo seems to be the recurring winner. My friend was stuck on it a few years ago for a couple of hours right near the end with big blue world playing continuously and to this day she loathes the ride because of that day.

maco0028

Got stuck on Splash Mountain just before the final lift hill when the mother rabbit is singing the cautionary tale of Brer Rabbit to her lil rabbits. It was the slow, mournful song over and over and over for at least 15 minutes. After a few minutes, we were singing along. After 15 minutes, we were begging for relief.

juniorthomas

I posted this before on another thread but we got stuck in end scene of HM. Kept hearing "Hurry baaaack, don't forget you death certificate" over and over. Also stuck on the descend of SE where you are laying kinda horizontal. I took a nap. But the worst of all was the spinning tube in Buzz. I had to close my eyes after a while. Still have bad dreams about that one.

That "hurry back" is brutal. I've also been stuck there. Any time I hear the song - looking at you Disney Reservations dial-in line - I suffer flashbacks when they play that part.

Whippet Mom

More physical then mental, would the the backwards descents you get coming down into the graveyard scene in HM, and coming down from the top of SSE. Being at that angle, pressed back into the seat, at least for me anyway, would possibly cause some lower back issues if in that position for an extended period, and possibly kick in my claustrophobia a bit, as it would be harder for me to sit straight up and not have that feeling of being held down in the seat.
I actually got stuck right there.. It sucked! Luckily it was only about 5 minutes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom