News Tomorrowland love

Castle Cake Apologist

I saw a group of people looking into Stitch queue with confusion. Looked like they wanted to go in. Kept looking at their map and then back to the queue sign. They should change it already. Either say it’s a meet and greet or take down the signs altogether. Otherwise it just looks like a ride that’s closed early in the day for some reason.

Trust me when I say I'm on your side here, but doesn't the sign literally say "Character Greeting" on it?

UNCgolf

Trust me when I say I'm on your side here, but doesn't the sign literally say "Character Greeting" on it?

It does, but the full sign reads Stitch's Alien Encounter Character Greeting, and the "Stitch's" part is much bigger, flashier, and easier to read than the rest of the sign. It'd be easy to see it from a distance and assume it was an actual attraction.

Plus, like I said above, it's just really ugly. I also don't think any of the other meet and greets have such giant prominent signs, but I could be wrong -- it could be that the Stitch one just stands out more because of the location.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Hard to imagine a rumor I wanted to be less true than TRON and GOTG going into MK and EPCOT respectively 3 years ago. A massive whiff to have not made a Digital Frontier of TRON Pavilion in EPCOT and a non-coaster, E-ticket level dark ride for Guardians in EPCOT.

C'est la vie.
Wrong thread, I know. Nevertheless, I think it was such a missed opportunity not to put Tron in Epcot. Computers run everything now. If handled delicately, they could have not only kept the Energy focus, but tied together that whole side of the park, and even SSE, with a unifying theme.

(I realize they would not have handled it delicately.)

MatheusPG

Hard to imagine a rumor I wanted to be less true than TRON and GOTG going into MK and EPCOT respectively 3 years ago. A massive whiff to have not made a Digital Frontier of TRON Pavilion in EPCOT and a non-coaster, E-ticket level dark ride for Guardians in EPCOT.

C'est la vie.

GOTG in MK and Tron in Epcot would have saved Tomorrowland 94 and Future World at the same time...

And if that part of the park became the Digital Frontier, they could have made an amazing flynn's arcade instead of the bland Play pavilion.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Walkway between Tomorrowland and the Tomorrowland Terrance yesterday:

0F9E94A1-642F-4B76-ADEF-345F7A876A21.jpeg

Tron construction from the Peoplemover:

2F6D9D04-B54C-4611-B74A-5AB0BA23823A.jpeg

3627D3DF-39A4-43C6-A274-EA4AB6EC64B0.jpeg

DDCF3955-8B7F-40B4-B2A6-B59A9BB64C8E.jpeg

T.Will

Bumping this up to bring about a concern. If things continue to worsen for WDW, what would it mean for the Tomorrowland update and attractions? I don't want to see things like CoP and PM closed and abandoned.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Bumping this up to bring about a concern. If things continue to worsen for WDW, what would it mean for the Tomorrowland update and attractions? I don't want to see things like CoP and PM closed and abandoned.

I thought it was understood that the update was "finished" pre-Covid? Obviously Tron still needs to happen but I think we're done. Shame too because if there's any one mountain actually in NEED of an update it's the one in TL.

Post-Covid? We'll be lucky if they even paint anything now.

JoeCamel

I thought it was understood that the update was "finished" pre-Covid? Obviously Tron still needs to happen but I think we're done. Shame too because if there's any one mountain actually in NEED of an update it's the one in TL.

Post-Covid? We'll be lucky if they even paint anything now.
I don't think it is done. I saw a picture from @AliciaStella a couple of days ago that had the roof supports by Stitch still under wraps.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Can anyone speak on why PM is still down? Is is a sanitation issue because it is consistently moving?
CONJECTURE: Disney got sued in April over a collision on the PeopleMover from 2018. In addition, there was a pretty significant crash at the end of February. The thing is, the peoplemover crashes all the time. I’m guessing they’re trying to make a permanent fix, and until they are satisfied with its safety, it won’t reopen.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom