Cast member block-outs from DHS has been extended

hopemax

My guess would be DLR has significantly less CM’s.

But it's not just the parks. The Studio, Imagineering, etc. A lot of those are West Coast based and have Silver Passes that would gain them entry into Disneyland. WDW has more park CM's, but not as many people from other divisions that are located near WDW. Is there really that much of a difference?

TrainsOfDisney

But it's not just the parks. The Studio, Imagineering, etc. A lot of those are West Coast based and have Silver Passes that would gain them entry into Disneyland. WDW has more park CM's, but not as many people from other divisions that are located near WDW. Is there really that much of a difference?

The difference is Disnelyand Park has an insane number of attractions compared to any other park and Galaxies Edge was an addition and didn’t take away any attractions but added space and better guest flow in the park.

TrojanUSC

This blocking out of WDW CMs is a very new thing in the last couple years. Previously, even on the busiest days, CMs statuses to Walt Disney World could get in with just their ID. It was the Main Gate and Silver Passes that had restrictions. Once they switched over to the "self admission passes" they started this blockout system.

Not quite. Most Burbank CMs (Studios, WDI, etc) can only use their Main Gate or Silver Passes for entry, and are not issued "self admission" passes. These Main Entrance and Silver Passes (which also permit you to bring guests into the park) have a far greater number of blockout dates than the self admission passes issued to WDW and DLR CMs for their own admission into the parks.

Similarly, a Disneyland CM visiting WDW must use their Main Gate or Silver Pass for entrance into WDW Parks and are bound by those blockout dates. They could not use their Disneyland self-admission pass to gain access to Animal Kingdom, for example.

Last edited:

mm52200

Disney gave a preview to CMs for MMRR. They would have done the same for CMs for RotR if RotR wasn't so unreliable. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand. Disney gives them access when they can and doesn't do it when they can't.

Seriously, the people raging over this are just ginning up controversy where there is none. I'm taking note of who's making this into a thing and keeping that in mind the next time they complain about something so as not to take their complaints seriously in the future.

View attachment 454431
No once said anything about Rise CM previews. This is about normal CMs being able to get into the park they work at.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No once said anything about Rise CM previews. This is about normal CMs being able to get into the park they work at.

O RLY?

*Hottest ride on the planet*

“What’s it like?”

CM: “iunno.” *shrugs*

As far as the rest of the park goes, up until this week, it was well past the tipping point of attendance of paying guests. It's really not that hard to understand a black out in a park where there's only 9 rides (8 until this week) and six of them have waiting times between one and two hours.

Brer Oswald

Disney gave a preview to CMs for MMRR. They would have done the same for CMs for RotR if RotR wasn't so unreliable. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand. Disney gives them access when they can and doesn't do it when they can't.

Seriously, the people raging over this are just ginning up controversy where there is none. I'm taking note of who's making this into a thing and keeping that in mind the next time they complain about something so as not to take their complaints seriously in the future.

View attachment 454431
I’m not just drumming up Controversy. It kinda affects me, and I’m not sure what to say when I’m asked “How’s Rise?”.

yensidtlaw1969

I’m not just drumming up Controversy. It kinda affects me, and I’m not sure what to say when I’m asked “How’s Rise?”.
More than once I have seen a CM have to respond to guests in this way, and the reaction from the guest is always a big “ . . . Really?!?”

It’s a bit of a mess that the ride is so mysterious even to those who work next door

Tom Morrow

You can say they don't owe the cast anything, but, when they demand more of them than any other theme park's employees, yet pay the same, things like this are necessary. I believe they DO owe them a ride on Rise, even if they have to space out their reservations over months to not affect the wait time. I also believe that allowing them to enter DHS after, say, 4:00 PM is a reasonable compromise.

MrConbon

They owe the cast an opportunity to come to work everyday in a safe work environment, they owe the cast their paychecks when they have worked, they owe the cast members their insurance they pay for, they do not owe the cast members extra perks from the job, it sucks that they don't get to go, but nothing is owed

Employees ARE expected to be knowledgeable about the parks however and it’s hard for them to be knowledgeable when they’ve been blocked out for months. there could be DCP and new hires who haven’t even BEEN to Hollywood Studios before.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Can’t tell if you’re being genuinely serious or just obtuse in comparing the high end restaurant .1% of guests eat at versus 1/4 of the parks with all the new attractions in.

Do brand new CM get a week of experiencing all that WDW has to offer so that a CM working the queue at Toy Story Mania can answer a question about what animals are available in the walking trails at DAK?

MrConbon

Do brand new CM get a week of experiencing all that WDW has to offer so that a CM working the queue at Toy Story Mania can answer a question about what animals are available in the walking trails at DAK?

Cast members do typically have time between traditions where they receive their ID and their first day of training yes. When I went through orientation at my theme park they literally made a point of explaining that we get free park access because they want us to come to the parks often and learn about what we have to offer and see it from a guest point of view.

Stop being idiotic about it. A cast member at Epcot is much more likely to be asked a question about Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror or Galaxy’s Edge than niche experiences. Cast members don’t have to be knowledgeable about everyone facet of the resort but they should know about the main experiences found at each park.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Stop being idiotic about it. A cast member at Epcot is much more likely to be asked a question about Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror or Galaxy’s Edge than niche experiences. Cast members don’t have to be knowledgeable about everyone facet of the resort but they should know about the main experiences found at each park.

Idiotic is expecting a CM to be knowledgeable about almost everything in the park. Or to even give a good answer. What if the CM hated the new Mickey Shorts version of MM. Should a CM working at Epcot who hates that ride for that reason be able to give me good advice of whether it's worth my time to get in line for it? What are they to say? If I'm a parent with children, should a childless 20-something be able to tell me what attractions are suitable for my children of various ages? What if the CM doesn't like thrill rides and so has never been on ToT? And let's not forget the meme, which has some basis in reality, that CMs are notorious for giving out wrong information, even if they haven't been blocked out.

The presumption is that any are all CMs should be like this online forum with being able to spit out at a moment's notice information about almost everything WDW has to offer. That's idiotic.

CMs I've talked to have been honest about what they have and haven't experienced. I've never run to Guest Relations complaining that a CM didn't know about X. That would be idiotic.

"The CMs must know!" is just a poor rationalization born of disappointment of being blacked out. And that's idiotic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom