Ever lost or found anything valuable?

DonnaBell

Disneyworld has a lost and found building that all the found items are sent to. It is at the TTC out the entrance to the left. We left pictures on the monorail. This is were we picked them up.

GladToBeHear

My daughter left her purse (with cash in it) in the arcade at the Contemporary several years ago. We didn't discover it being missing until we were back home. Thought it was gone forever. About a week later, we get a package from Disney. It was the purse with everything inside it and the cash converted to a check. If we find anything at Disney, we ALWAYS make an effort to return it. Karma.

ppete1975

I lost my room key (credit card) years ago while out for a jog before park opening. Went to the front desk got a new one. So that could have been expensive because im pretty sure they had room numbers on them

mousedroid

Back in '89 I was visiting WDW on my own and about an 25 minutes into my visit to EPCOT I discovered that I had lost my just purchased four-day, park-hopper ticket. I checked Lost and Found a few times that day, but never seriously considered that someone would turn it in. I enjoyed my day at EPCOT and the next day I bit the bullet and bought myself a 3-day park-hopper ticket to replace it.

That's the only thing I can recall losing at Disney. I don't recall ever finding anything unless it was something small and, to me at least, relatively worthless - like a pin someone lost or something.

Fin1018

Nothing super valuable, mostly sentimental value to my daughter. We had breakfast at Cape May Cafe and she left her Little Mermaid stuffed doll at the restaurant. Later that night we realized she left it and called the front desk who told us to call the Beach Club Resort.
We called and they told us to fill out some form on their lost and found website. 2 weeks later we received the doll in the mail. My daughter was super happy to have it back and I was pleasantly surprised they were able to find it.

Parker in NYC

This was highly out of the ordinary but I lost a Jim Shore Stitch figurine last year on an Epcot day. I had purchased it at Art of Disney sometime in the morning and realized I'd left it somewhere in the early afternoon. We retraced our steps, checked where we'd eaten, etc. We went back to Art of Disney to ask if lost and found really "worked" and the CM recognized us and GAVE US A REPLACEMENT.

Nottamus

I don’t think I’m being idealistic by saying that many would. I certainly would.

Yeah, I think I would too. Would hate to be the cause of a bad day for someone else...

Oh...and second to last trip...checking into AKL, made it all the way to the elevators when I noticed my backpack had unzipped open. I didn't notice until a few hours later, that my white noise machine must have fallen out.

I checked with lobby folk first...left my info. No one ever turned that in either.

Parker in NYC

Yeah, I think I would too. Would hate to be the cause of a bad day for someone else...

Oh...and second to last trip...checking into AKL, made it all the way to the elevators when I noticed my backpack had unzipped open. I didn't notice until a few hours later, that my white noise machine must have fallen out.

I checked with lobby folk first...left my info. No one ever turned that in either.

The like was for the first part. I'm sorry you weren't able to find your machine.

Nottamus

The like was for the first part. I'm sorry you weren't able to find your machine.

Thanks---luckily we had a backup. Wife always brings an Alexa device to play music when in room....well, that also has white noise capability.

I DID have it wrapped up in a Royal Crown bag, so maybe someone snatched it up thinking they found a bottle!

MickeyLuv'r

To answer your original question, yes.
Over many trips with extended family and friends, many items have been lost and returned.
Some were of little value, others were only valuable to us, others were obviously of some value.

Not every item was returned, but I have often been impressed by the kindness and honesty CM's and strangers.

Most common permanently lost items were pre-Mickey band room keys/plastic park tickets, paper FP, and cables
now we ALWAYS put our cables in the suitcase as soon as we unplug.

Conversely, I've also had some staff refuse to take cash (tips). I don't mean staff who wouldn't normally get tips, I mean like waitstaff and housekeepers.

On my most recent trip, I turned multiple Mickey bands over to nearest CM. We've turned in a number of items, if we found them in our hotel drawers or left on a ride if the item was CLEARLY left behind.

If you loose an item, it IS worth a trip to the WDW Lost and Found. Also note, the WDW hotels have their own Lost and Found areas. not too long ago, the WDW lost and Found system was consolidated. I think I was recently told that all roads now lead to the MK Lost and Found (except maybe still the hotels).

It is also worthwhile to retrace your steps, and ask around the immediate area.

75disney

Back in the 90s I left my camera on the table of a counter service restaurant (used to be the Aladdin themed one in DHS which is now the Disney Junior Show). Someone handed it into lost and found and I got it back. When I got my film developed a few weeks later, I had a picture of a few CMs making silly faces and holding a sign that said, “We found your camera.”

Phonedave

My daughter left a ear hat in Chefs Du France once. Surprisingly I was able to retrieve it the next day a central lost and found.

Aside from that I don't recall loosing (or finding) anything else valuable in WDW. Elsewhere I have found things, but not in WDW

Yellow Shoes

Back in '89 I was visiting WDW on my own and about an 25 minutes into my visit to EPCOT I discovered that I had lost my just purchased four-day, park-hopper ticket. I checked Lost and Found a few times that day, but never seriously considered that someone would turn it in. I enjoyed my day at EPCOT and the next day I bit the bullet and bought myself a 3-day park-hopper ticket to replace it.

That's the only thing I can recall losing at Disney. I don't recall ever finding anything unless it was something small and, to me at least, relatively worthless - like a pin someone lost or something.
I always take a photo of my hard copy tickets--I figure they are easier to deactivate and replace.

Ted Daggett

One year I left my glasses on the night stand at Saratoga Springs Resort. I usually wear contacts all of the time, so I didn't realize the glasses were gone until the first night after we returned home from Disney. I called SSR to see if they found any lost glasses, and they said, yes, hundreds. I was kind of able to describe my glasses to the woman, and she said she would look through the pile. A couple of days later, I received my glasses in the mail!

Another trip, I lost my magic band in the wave pool of Typhoon Lagoon. I went to the lost and found there and they told me that they would never be able to find it.

Yellow Shoes

Back in the 90s I left my camera on the table of a counter service restaurant (used to be the Aladdin themed one in DHS which is now the Disney Junior Show). Someone handed it into lost and found and I got it back. When I got my film developed a few weeks later, I had a picture of a few CMs making silly faces and holding a sign that said, “We found your camera.”
Too Cute!

Gillyanne

I too would return money. I mean if it was a 1 or a 5 it would probably make its way towards a "complementary" mickey pretzel or popcorn, but larger sums I would. I remember years ago (probably 30) I found a 50 under the seat at the movie theater. It was around Christmas time and I turned it in (they kinda looked at me funny for doing so if I recall, kinda like a "but why?"), but they let me leave my name with it if no one tried to claim in. No one ever did and I got to buy extra toys/accessories that I didn't get for Christmas that year

Disdude71

Not a Disney Parks story but, a few years ago my partner and I found a wad of $150 in the middle of the street at Universal Studios. We brought it right over to lost and found thinking it had to have been dropped recently or someone else would have found it already. I felt bad about it all day, thinking it might have been some school kids spending money for the day that they had lost. We checked back when we left at the end of the day but nobody had collected it. I hope the person that lost it was able to get it back.

Nemo14

My hubs found a roll of cash ($500ish) in a garage in Las Vegas once and we turned it in to security. Earlier in the week our rental car had been hit while parked on a street, and the driver had left a note with his information on it, thus saving us the $500 deductible we would have had to pay out of pocket. So this seemed to us to be the only honest thing to do.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom