Splash Mtn Evac'ed

Rteetz

It's been a blockbuster year at ol' Disney World... The hits keep coming.

Sorry but this isn’t news to me. Rides break down and get evacuated every day at WDW. Why do we need blog reports on it every time it happens?

Raineman

2 major rides down unexpectedly in a park charging over $100 per person is not great. You charge more...people expect more.
Do I think Disney could be better at upkeep and preventive maintenance with their attractions? Sure, but it is unrealistic on the part of WDW visitors to think that there should never be any unexpected breakdowns. When you have rides operating continuously 12 hours a day, 365 days a year, even the most robust maintenance program cannot prevent everything. Any visitor that is angry because their favourite attraction is not working on the day they are at the park needs to understand this; it is disappointing (I've been there quite a few times) but it is not 100% avoidable.

Club Cooloholic

Do I think Disney could be better at upkeep and preventive maintenance with their attractions? Sure, but it is unrealistic on the part of WDW visitors to think that there should never be any unexpected breakdowns. When you have rides operating continuously 12 hours a day, 365 days a year, even the most robust maintenance program cannot prevent everything. Any visitor that is angry because their favourite attraction is not working on the day they are at the park needs to understand this; it is disappointing (I've been there quite a few times) but it is not 100% avoidable.
Oh I totally agree, nor do I think a visitor should get some sort of discount or anything. But, like you said they could be better, considering they set the standard on premium priced tickets, there should be no reason they aren't doing a better job. The splash thing, unless closed for awhile is not a biggie but to see HS down for multiple days is disappointing, and maybe why I prefer how DL does it, they shut things down more often and longer to keep maintenance up, but at least you know it is going to be down before you leave for your trip.

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
Of course... And I don't think anyone's expecting a 99.999% uptime, certainly not per-ride. But even your typical Disney standard is taking a beating of late; particularly in the severity, duration and number of rides. I mean c'mon; a JC boat basically sank. HM doom buggies are swinging around 180º from where they should be and the Peoplemover loading ramp was literally smoldering. ROTR is new, so gets a bit of a pass, but that's had hard-stop issues from the get-go. The latest at SM, ideally should not have happened after an extensive refurb. Durations are also above the norm; we're talking days here, in the case of HM.

There's no getting over the fact that many of these attractions are decades old, regardless of maintenance schedules and procedures.

Simba’s Mom

Oh, no-Splash Mountain too! That's one of my favorite rides. Unfortunately so is the Jungle Cruise. Why can't Country Bear Jamboree have problems (maybe, as they say in "Jurassic Park", the bears eat the people.) That's one I don't like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom