Wild Africa Trek question

macefamily

Original Poster
OK, I know I can't afford it, but I did it anyway. My daughter is graduating from college with her speech therapy degree and internship completed. One of her bucket list activities was to do the Wild Africa Trek. We're booked for next Friday morning. What is the protocol regarding tipping your guide ? I read the book written by a Disney VIP tour guide and she was treated to meals and cash. I'm not a professional athlete or entertainer, but I still want to do something if it is expected.

JoeCamel

OK, I know I can't afford it, but I did it anyway. My daughter is graduating from college with her speech therapy degree and internship completed. One of her bucket list activities was to do the Wild Africa Trek. We're booked for next Friday morning. What is the protocol regarding tipping your guide ? I read the book written by a Disney VIP tour guide and she was treated to meals and cash. I'm not a professional athlete or entertainer, but I still want to do something if it is expected.
When I did the trek they asked for donations to the Disney Wildlife fund or others I think but did not see (or me) anyone tipping. Rain was moving in at the end of the tour so when they dumped us at the end it was "here's a poncho and have a good time".

macefamily

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. This is our first "backstage" experience.

eliza61nyc

We too also made a donation.
Wild Africa Trek 028.jpg
Wild Africa Trek 016.jpg

Last edited:

macefamily

Original Poster
Going to be 2 beans per person. How is the meal they serve ? Any booze included ? I may need it after it sinks in what I paid.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There is no expectation of a tip.

No booze. The meal depends on what time of day you trek. Morning you get breakfast, after around 11 (I think) it switches to lunch. The meal is a sampling of a few different foods, but is enough for an adult to survive on. It is presented in a tiffin, the stacked metal containers the restaurant is named after.

Incomudro

A tip?
I'm from NY the tipping capital of the world, and I don't remember tipping our guides.
That would have been weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom