RIP Bob Iger’s term. RIP Disney (Chapek taking over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper's Ghost

So, I don't know my @$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to Disney execs. Honestly... nothing. All I know is that everyone on these boards hate all of them. Guess that says either something about them, or something about us.

With that said, I know that when someone comes from a specific area of a company to take a higher position, the area they come from is usually the one they have a more nostalgic feel for and is more attentive to. Since Chapek is taking over, maybe that means a little more of a Disney focus on parks for the near future? Maybe? Just a possibility.

HongKongFooy

From the frying pan and into the fire.....

This is worse than if Bush 1 would have stepped down and we inherited Dan Quayle back in the early 90's

Last edited:

Nottamus

Can I ask a question?
What did Chapek do or not do to make him as hated as he is?

I go to Disney world to enjoy myself and really gave no thoughts to any executive at all

Goofyernmost

So, I don't know my @$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to Disney execs. Honestly... nothing. All I know is that everyone on these boards hate all of them. Guess that says either something about them, or something about us.

With that said, I know that when someone comes from a specific area of a company to take a higher position, the area they come from is usually the one they have a more nostalgic feel for and is more attentive to. Since Chapek is taking over, maybe that means a little more of a Disney focus on parks for the near future? Maybe? Just a possibility.
Not to worry. Especially as a newbie, Mr. Chapstick will not inhale or exhale without the express direction and approval of the BoD. Iger had established himself as a money maker for the company so was given a free hand. Until now Chaps (as everyone should lovingly call him) has been following the direction of Iger.

In the meantime, Disney's ultra fan base is very fickle. That's the same fan-base that hated Eisner and fell to their knees in abstract worship of the new savior, Iger. Now because Iger didn't just focus on the theme parks he became hated as well. I think that Mr. Iger is clearing himself from blame if something happens to the economy that is out of his control but proves to be catastrophic for the parks. I may not always approve of what he has done, but he is clever and self protecting. Watch for a mid-term 2022 Congressional run. Just a guess.

Is it just a coincidence that he resigned the CEO position the same day that the Dow Jones dropped almost 1900 points in two days. Maybe, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom