News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

plutofan15

The skyway tower. Fence is temporary. For one of the most taken photo angles of the park it’s a glaring error.
1582564400034.png

Let's just call the tower and cabling "ziplines" and be done with it. Would be authentic.

NobodyElse

Or perhaps even USE THEM as part of the attractions...
View attachment 451529

OT
It's interesting how the balance between realistic, immersive theming and fantastical theming shifts from time to time. Back when Walt was designing his original park, he reportedly paid extra to have utilities buried because he preferred not to have overhead wires cluttering views. While this took away some of the realism of areas like Main Street U.S.A, it enhanced the "idealized turn-of-the-20th-century (c. 1910) American town".

Decades later, when DCA's entrance area is re-themed to another semi-realistic representation of a period-specific American town, designers feel compelled to add functionally unnecessary, non-operational, "decorative" overhead wires for their Red Car Trolleys.

Round and round it goes.

Surferboy567

They look super ahead on this project. Of course we can’t see the inside but if the outside is any indication they seem very far ahead. This is scheduled for summer? Looks like it could be ready in early summer but of course we don’t know the state of the inside construction. I think this looks perfect for Epcot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They look super ahead on this project. Of course we can’t see the inside but if the outside is any indication they seem very far ahead. This is scheduled for summer? Looks like it could be ready in early summer but of course we don’t know the state of the inside construction. I think this looks perfect for Epcot.
Vehicles have been moving. Not without...issues.

lazyboy97o

Is looms the right word? I've only seen one photo that showed it peeking from a specific area.
It is not peeking. It is massive. Here’s a photo showing how much is visible, now in green with stairs attached.

Poor morocco... its way more obvious in person. Alas my cell phone from across the lagoon cant convey the trees vs structure well. But morocco is in the shadow of this monster...
View attachment 290423

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom