News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

Each cycle holds one person. It's not like there's a bench seat that holds three people and they need a single rider to join a couple. Thus, it's highly unlikely there will be single rider. It'd be like having single rider for a carousel.

It would be like having single rider on California screaming.. which they did. (Not sure if it still exists in the incredicoaster days).

The Pho

Each cycle holds one person. It's not like there's a bench seat that holds three people and they need a single rider to join a couple. Thus, it's highly unlikely there will be single rider. It'd be like having single rider for a carousel.
Tron is no different than Rockin Rollercoaster or Everest. It’s a coaster with 2 per row seating in designated seats. The single rider line fills the seats for odd numbered groups when there’s a gap, it certainly wouldn’t be strange. Or it could just be handled as Seven Dwarves or Slinky do it.

BatStang2000

It would be like having single rider on California screaming.. which they did. (Not sure if it still exists in the incredicoaster days).
It still existed and I happily used it when I was there in May 2019. Also, in California, Splash Mountain has a single rider line, but you have to search for it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Ok, seems strange to me that they would since the cycles are so separated from each other, tho side by side.

And upon further research, TLC in Shanghai does have a single rider line.

tparris

I was thinking, what’s that pattern gonna look like from under the canopy? In Shanghai, you can see the top right corner of the show building where the trains enter. However, in Shanghai, the building is a shade of blue similar to Guardians in EPCOT. Seen here:
4C6A9B7F-D3E3-4112-8C4A-F30B6F8FBAE4.jpeg

tparris

Photo update from Saturday. Also, Space Mountain really needs a pressure washing. Not like they have the money to have people working on both Tron AND SM or anything...
C35DBDA8-0DC2-434F-8F70-66F9D179D70A.jpeg
D133F01D-284D-4C65-A6A2-BDFF5DB3C4F7.jpeg

View from the Barnstormer queue.
B25A939D-12F3-41A9-A4D7-81B9CD196CC2.jpeg
83308CAF-2491-4978-A80B-C4513F56D0EE.jpeg
7455E632-61F0-4E5F-85DF-68617B90620C.jpeg

Pathway work going on under the outdoor loop.
094ADA3F-495B-4A5A-AC04-E413AB29D0FE.jpeg
451BE3BE-853C-45E6-9DB4-029417C66313.jpeg

It appears they are installing piping or something underground, probably for the queue and canopy area.
F9165122-414C-4698-88EC-B7747EB0E2A6.jpeg

Monorail view. Load/unload and maintenance area is the shorter part jutting out to the right.

RobWDW1971

It still existed and I happily used it when I was there in May 2019. Also, in California, Splash Mountain has a single rider line, but you have to search for it.
That's what makes the DL Splash single rider line so great - hardly anybody knows how to navigate to get to it and I've never waited more than a couple of minutes.

UpAllNight

That's what makes the DL Splash single rider line so great - hardly anybody knows how to navigate to get to it and I've never waited more than a couple of minutes.

Likewise for Space Mountain. It was an hour plus queue and we walked on 5 times within about 40 minutes, often on the same train just different rows.

yensidtlaw1969

I was thinking, what’s that pattern gonna look like from under the canopy? In Shanghai, you can see the top right corner of the show building where the trains enter. However, in Shanghai, the building is a shade of blue similar to Guardians in EPCOT. Seen here:View attachment 451547

Assuming the pattern bears out predictably, it should look something like this:
4C6A9B7F-D3E3-4112-8C4A-F30B6F8FBAE4 copy.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't get what forced perspective was destroyed here. The front view of SM was somewhat ruined years ago. But what is the issue here with this view from the monorail through a parking lot?
The front was obscured, but this view wasn't.

This was one of the grand reveals for visitors to the park. Nothing was placed by accident - Except a huge box that now shows how small the Mountain really is.

Kind of like why Tinkerbell is never lit until she’s away from the castle, lest she reveals how small the castle is.

JoeCamel

The front was obscured, but this view wasn't.

This was one of the grand reveals for visitors to the park. Nothing was placed by accident - Except a huge box that now shows how small the Mountain really is.

Kind of like why Tinkerbell is never lit until she’s away from the castle, lest she reveals how small the castle is.
Martin I like your take and knowledge on all things WDW but I think space still looks like a big a** building to me. They could have built a complimentary building for tron but chose not to. Fodder for another discussion.

tparris

Martin I like your take and knowledge on all things WDW but I think space still looks like a big a** building to me. They could have built a complimentary building for tron but chose not to. Fodder for another discussion.
This. The tron building is very large in person, and SM is quite a bit bigger still. I don’t find the perspective ruined except for the fact that tron is just ugly from this angle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom