Disneyland Crowd Calendar

milhouse19

Original Poster
Hi,

My family (2 adults, 1 child) is planning a trip to Disneyland for late August and I have seen some wildly diverging crowd calendars for the dates we are considering (some time between August 12 and September 3). Does any site have better/more reliable data than others? Especially for the week of the 17th vs. the 24th most sites contradict each other.

FWIW, I've been to Disneyworld multiple times but this is our first trip to Disneyland.

Thanks.

Curious Constance

I would check the Disneyland.com website for the Annual Passholder blackout calendar for the times you’re considering going. Crowd patterns are mostly affected by how many AP levels are able to get into the parks or not. Usually going when the most blackouts tiers are in effect is your best bet.

Curious Constance

Yes, good idea, I do that as well. Check the AP blackouts AND the convention center website for planned events. I purposely postponed my trip by one week to avoid a YouTuber convention in June. The last thing I want is a bunch of youtubers in the park when we’re there! I’ve never found the crowd calendars to be very accurate or helpful. Too many factors change year to year to really be able to compare accurately.

Darkbeer1

One issue is the changing school schedules, which are moving to start earlier to allow longer vacation breaks.

One big one is LAUSD, which starts on Tuesday, August 18th. 2020.

Sailor310

I pay $8/year for Touring Plans. They do heuristic analysis for their crowd predictions-history, economies in Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, spring breaks, etc.. They miss it ever so often, but here are their predictions Aug 12 -Sept 3, scale is 1 is empty, 10 is crowded--4,5,5,9,5,6,4,3,3,5,5,4,5,2,3,2,2,5,4,5,2,2,2 Aug 15th, at 9/10 crowds is the worst day, next is Aug 17th at 6/10. The 24th looks like the best week. I think it's worth getting the subscription. They also have a "Lines" app that has better info than the Disney ap for wait times for rides.

beachlover4444

Hi,

My family (2 adults, 1 child) is planning a trip to Disneyland for late August and I have seen some wildly diverging crowd calendars for the dates we are considering (some time between August 12 and September 3). Does any site have better/more reliable data than others? Especially for the week of the 17th vs. the 24th most sites contradict each other.

FWIW, I've been to Disneyworld multiple times but this is our first trip to Disneyland.

Thanks.
we too are frequent WDW and did disneyland last November as our first time. Avoid weekends when all the local AP people are there and know that Friday nights are very busy as well. Go to the parks monday-thursday. Yes look at the AP blockout dates on the Disneyland.com website. I wouldnt get the hopper again but definitely get maxpass so you are not waiting hours for the E ticket rides. Carsland will blow you away. Food in DL is much better than WDW and castmembers are so awesome at making your stay so magical you wont believe it. Make sure to get a first time Disneyland pin. They look for them. I cried upon entering and looking up at the light. A train conductor spoke to me about where to stand to see the DL band. Then when he saw our passion for Walt he brought out special pins that are no longer made to give to my grandchildren. I get vertigo and each ride was so accommodating letting my husband ride first to see if I could handle it or not (Roger Rabbitt you can control the spin). We got lucky that we were there for the First day of the Christmas season roll out and parade, Small world holiday overlay and haunted mansion overlay. We are already planning a second trip, I would rather pay more to go to DL than go back to WDW. And the hotels surrounding the park you can walk or pay like 7 dollars for a lyft or uber if there is no shuttle.

beachlover4444

look at when Dapper days are, when LGBTQ days are, when special holidays are, look at the school calendars, and the convention center schedule, however, the convention center only affected hotels more than the park for us. it was female engineer convention the week we were there so they werent at the park but they drove up hotel prices near the convention center. I'm lucky i work for Hilton and still for my $45 discount rate and it was just across the street from DCA. Note to everyone, if you ever want a part time fun job work at a hotel for the travel benefits. You cannot beat paying $35 or $45 for great hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom