Wasted food at Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue

jaklgreen

Welcome to America, where you get served a "portion" of food that can feed 2-3 people. I have no idea how so many people can put away that much food in one sitting. They do need to edit portions to limit waste. Not just at these AYCTE, but at normal restaurants also. There is no reason why they can not give less food and then if someone asks for more, bring it out. And no, they can not give food away to a shelter, or anyplace else, that has been served and not eaten by a customer.

LittleBuford

Original Poster
Last edited:

Hockey89

Welcome to America, where you get served a "portion" of food that can feed 2-3 people. I have no idea how so many people can put away that much food in one sitting. They do need to edit portions to limit waste. Not just at these AYCTE, but at normal restaurants also. There is no reason why they can not give less food and then if someone asks for more, bring it out. And no, they can not give food away to a shelter, or anyplace else, that has been served and not eaten by a customer.
Have you looked around lately? We are a fat country... I know it is not ok to "fat shame" anymore but it is stunning....

jaklgreen

Have you looked around lately? We are a fat country... I know it is not ok to "fat shame" anymore but it is stunning....

I hear ya. I love food as much as the next person. But my stomach seems to have a physical limit that is less then what I see others eat. I guess you can stretch out your stomach, but that would make me so sick. I am more of a grazer and would love to see restaurants, even counter service, offer smaller plates. That is why I love going for the festivals. I can eat about 2-3 of the little plates and that is a meal for me.

Maelstrom Troll

This reminds me of a time we ate at Garden Grill. Great meal but we asked for a couple more slices of turkey and they brought us another entire platter. Character dining, guilt trip included 😂

Polydweller

Disney has an on-site biofuels plant that uses the waste food, what can’t be given to Second Harvest, to produce methane that is used to power the parks and resorts. Any waste from this process is then used for fertilizer. So there really is no waste food. So the angst in this thread can stop.

LittleBuford

Original Poster
So there really is no waste food. So the angst in this thread can stop.

This is equivalent to saying that it's not wasteful to stock your fridge with food you'll never eat because you can always throw it on the compost pile. Yes, I'm glad Disney's leftovers are somehow repurposed, but it would be better not to have so many in the first place. I'm sure there are more efficient ways to produce methane than burning fried chicken.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This is equivalent to saying that it's not wasteful to stock your fridge with food you'll never eat because you can always throw it on the compost pile. Yes, I'm glad Disney's leftovers are somehow repurposed, but it would be better not to have so many in the first place. I'm sure there are more efficient ways to produce methane than burning fried chicken.

Yes people or cows produce more methane

Tom P.

We need more "shaming". How has that whole #yougogirl #youlookamazing worked out? Record levels of obesity and Type 2 Diabetes.
This. Shame can be a powerful motivator. Sometimes people are shamed for the wrong things, but when we're talking about something that is detrimental to both the individual's physical health and society as a whole, perhaps there *should* be a little shame involved.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We need more "shaming". How has that whole #yougogirl #youlookamazing worked out? Record levels of obesity and Type 2 Diabetes.

This. Shame can be a powerful motivator. Sometimes people are shamed for the wrong things, but when we're talking about something that is detrimental to both the individual's physical health and society as a whole, perhaps there *should* be a little shame involved.

Body shaming won't help this cause. Body shaming just makes people hate themselves. Both of your comments are gross.

RobWDW1971

Body shaming won't help this cause. Body shaming just makes people hate themselves. Both of your comments are gross.
What's "gross" is how we label any discussion about obesity as "shaming", "judging", and therefore off limits which only normalizes obesity and its related health issues.

For all the talk of "women's health", the number one cause of death for women is obesity related illnesses (Diabetes, heart disease, etc.)

Stopping the epidemic of normalization of obesity has to be a priority, which means we have to stop trying to silence criticism as "shaming".

Obesity is an unhealthy lifestyle and should be treated as such - just like smoking has been for the past few decades. Yes, we "shamed" smokers to stop and they and the world are better off.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
What's "gross" is how we label any discussion about obesity as "shaming", "judging", and therefore off limits which only normalizes obesity and its related health issues.

For all the talk of "women's health", the number one cause of death for women is obesity related illnesses (Diabetes, heart disease, etc.)

Stopping the epidemic of normalization of obesity has to be a priority, which means we have to stop trying to silence criticism as "shaming".

Obesity is an unhealthy lifestyle and should be treated as such - just like smoking has been for the past few decades. Yes, we "shamed" smokers to stop and they and the world are better off.

You're literally the one that labeled it shaming and now you're complaining about it being labeled shaming......

RobWDW1971

You're literally the one that labeled it shaming and now you're complaining about it being labeled shaming......
What I consider criticism and direct observation of fact, society has labeled "shaming". So using society's definition, yes, we need more "shaming" just like how we "shame" smokers for living an unhealthy lifestyle.

(I would have thought my use of quotes on shaming would have been clear enough, but apparently not)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom