Rumor of Pixar Land coming to DHS

trainplane3

Could I interpret that to mean ... instead of an "IP branding or theming opportunity" this is more like ... "cloning opportunity?"

Is the rumored new thing more or less a CTRL-C, CTRL-V ?

I don't know anything about Pixar Pier but I suppose that when it was conceived the Pixar brand was more distinct in the public's mind.
Don't interpret it to anything, it was just a joke on how messy Pixar Pier is.
It was part of the Paradise Pier overhaul a few years ago. Basically a lot of retheming and a new ride were added, all themed to various Pixar properties.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

I totally see this being a "win" for the park, and while it may not be perfect, a couple of family-accommodating rides could do this park wonders. Who knows? Maybe even "Hemlich's Chew-Chew Train" and "Inside Out: Emotional Whirlwind" could make an appearance here. Maybe they could make "The Great (Pixar) Movie Ride" happen.

Steph15251

I totally see this being a "win" for the park, and while it may not be perfect, a couple of family-accommodating rides could do this park wonders. Who knows? Maybe even "Hemlich's Chew-Chew Train" and "Inside Out: Emotional Whirlwind" could make an appearance here. Maybe they could make "The Great (Pixar) Movie Ride" happen.
I feel something like this could be great for the park.The rides I feel do not need to be the best rides around just enough to add more attractions to the park.I feel they also need a play area .DHS has been improving so much

Jones14

Having been to Pixar Pier, its contents would not be a good add for DHS. The park needs more to do, but we already have the best part (Toy Story Mania). If they must pull from it, bring over the Critter Carousel for Toy Story Land, but nothing else is worth bothering with.

We'd be much better off with some replacements and upgrades for the shows that pre-date Animal Kingdom's existence.

doctornick

I'd rather see a version of "Toontown" where cartoon characters live or work than a mishmosh of Pixar properties. That said, I'd rather DHS expand capacity and if it means various Pixar stuff, then fine.

Then again, Lasseter is no longer around so I don't know if anyone else would drive the "put as much Pixar as possible into the parks" concept as much as him.

Steph15251

I'd rather see a version of "Toontown" where cartoon characters live or work than a mishmosh of Pixar properties. That said, I'd rather DHS expand capacity and if it means various Pixar stuff, then fine.

Then again, Lasseter is no longer around so I don't know if anyone else would drive the "put as much Pixar as possible into the parks" concept as much as him.
I would love a version of toon town in DHS but they really do need to add some small flat rides to the park and maybe another E-Ticket or 2 E-Tickets and a few new shows.They could also use more stuff for littie kids too.

The Grand Inquisitor

I would love a version of toon town in DHS but they really do need to add some small flat rides to the park and maybe another E-Ticket or 2 E-Tickets and a few new shows.They could also use more stuff for littie kids too.
Personally I would love to see Monstroplis replace Animation Courtyard to connect to Toy Story Land. Then have an Incredibles Land near Aerosmith.

Brer Panther

Y'know what? I wouldn't mind this. Hollywood Studios needs more attractions as is to handle those Star Wars Land crowds, and it would be pretty cool to have some Cars and Monsters Inc. stuff (they could finally move the Laugh Floor over here!). I wouldn't want something in the same vein as PIXAR Pier, of course, but I think this has potential.

And if they're planning on having Inside Out stuff in this hypothetical PIXAR Land, meaning that they won't be shoehorning the film into the Imagination Pavilion at the expense of Figment... well, then by all means go for it!

Soluna16

Original Poster
How likely does it seem that this area is ever used for an expansion? I know they'd have to find a way to get to those cafes and such but it seems like an otherwise relatively easy area to co-opt for some expansion to animation courtyard or the RnRC area.

1582513461220.png

Steph15251

How likely does it seem that this area is ever used for an expansion? I know they'd have to find a way to get to those cafes and such but it seems like an otherwise relatively easy area to co-opt for some expansion to animation courtyard or the RnRC area.

View attachment 451496
It seems possible imo ,since most of that is backstage area ,like offices and parking lot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom