News Pandora path repainting

djkidkaz

When Pandora opened there was a specific scent that was released into the area...Sort of botanical, sort of perfume...It was part of the immersion...even the air smelled different in Pandora...
Last time I was there I notice it was no longer there

I don’t ever remember this. All I ever smelled was the delicious chicken from Satuli Canteen. I do remember that there was a lot more smoke coming from Satuli in the beginning and it almost added an air of “haze” or “clouds” to the air. Assuming it was a happy accident,even though I saw it numerous times on numerous visits, but now I never see it.

cjkeating

When Pandora opened there was a specific scent that was released into the area...Sort of botanical, sort of perfume...It was part of the immersion...even the air smelled different in Pandora...

Thanks... never heard anyone else talk about this or experience it myself.

raymusiccity

Don't blame me !
IMG_0093.JPG

Disneyson

The “Pandora Smell”, which is different than the sweet smell in the cave of FoP, was a sort of spicy capsaicin smell, as if you were smelling a particularly strong sweet pepper. It was fresh and very unique, and would really be the last step in transporting you to a new place.

I’m pretty sure they cut it, which is a shame because it was an incredible smell. It was Pirates Water level.

KikoKea

There’s a few. The plant at the entrance, the water creatures, a few vines that react to you. I agree it’s not as much as it sounded like but at least a few are there.
"Water creatures"? I love Pandora, but I haven't noticed any creatures in the water. Where are they?😀 I want to see!

Disneyson

Thanks! Are they always on top, or do they rise up periodically? I will certainly look for them next trip.

They're always there. They attempt to shoot down small flying creatures from the sky with their blasts of water, so try moving your hand about near them. Maybe they'll think your hand is a snack and try to shoot it down.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They are along one of the paths near the water-spitting creatures. They trigger some noises and some lighting effects in the plants at night.

Indeed. Look for the plastic-y red and purple-y sap splotches (like the one on the side of the big pitcher plant at the entrance of the land). They're the size of a fist. Just touching a patch will set off the effect. They have about a 10 second cool down before you can trigger the effect again.

KikoKea

Indeed. Look for the plastic-y red and purple-y sap splotches (like the one on the side of the big pitcher plant at the entrance of the land). They're the size of a fist. Just touching a patch will set off the effect. They have about a 10 second cool down before you can trigger the effect again.
I always enjoy the land at night- I love the water features, lights, and exotic plants. I had no idea there were interactive things going on. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom