News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

MouseBrayden

That is someone's take on seeing the artist's concept. That's why they said "appear to have...".

Yes, the walls can wind up with a rose wash. But the photo that was 'shopped started out with a yellowish hue to the walls because of natural light. So, there may not be a rose wash in the end.

Nothing has been confirmed by official Disney.
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.13.25 AM.png

"Someone's take" retweeted by Disney Parks official Twitter, published on Disney owned and operated media outlet, written by a Disney employee, corroborating information broken 4 months ago in a story a few sanctimonious insiders on here claimed I FABRICATED, is indeed not deemed evidence worthy enough for discussion on a RUMOR BOARD? Cope.

IveBeenJack

View attachment 450145
"Someone's take" retweeted by Disney Parks official Twitter, published on Disney owned and operated media outlet, written by a Disney employee, corroborating information broken 4 months ago in a story a few sanctimonious insiders on here claimed I FABRICATED, is indeed not deemed evidence worthy enough for discussion on a RUMOR BOARD? Cope.

Brayden with all due respect, @MisterPenguin is correct here.

Of course the Twitter account of Disney Parks will retweet a GMA article talking about the parks, because it's mainstream media covering a park story. Often times I've seen other mainstream media add embellishments or "takes" to stories that create a level of confusion around Park stories, as they don't work directly with Disney Parks or WDI on these projects and thus don't really know all the details. Plus mainstream media often don't have the same vested interest for details that dedicated Disney news outlets do.

I would agree with you, if this was a quote from an imagineer or Parks representative, but at the moment, this article is written by a GMA journalist that says "appears", meaning it is this person's perspective on what we're looking at.

On a side note, curious to know what happened to your original "Rose Gold Castle" video from September? As it would be great if you made it public again, so people can judge for themselves what your "sources" originally said vs. what is now happening, as I seem to remember the video also talking about an iridescent coating to the castle as well.

trainplane3

It's not so much you're "Youtube clickbait kid" (and honestly, you really aren't) but you go over on social media and shoot off comments like this. Be the better person and don't play the snark card, you'll have more people on here to get along with you. It's kind of a Tom maneuver, who I don't have much issue with until he starts throwing temper tantrums.

I believe we've had one new insider here recently and they just drop info and move along, updating as things happen. And people seem to be taking to them nicely. But if they started arguing with everyone as they went, trying to prove how right they are and why everyone should believe them, then everyone would probably dislike them regardless of how right or wrong they are.

If it's pink or not, it looks nice either way. It's the same-ish but different enough.

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
View attachment 450145
Shouldn’t you be in Math class?

kevlightyear

Maybe they should bring Kim Irvine in and have her do this reimagining. She did a good job recently with Sleeping Beauty Castle. Notice how she made the corbels look like a beige stone.

Sleeping Beauty Castle 2019 Refurb copy.jpg

It sets them off and gives definition to their lines. No need to gild them.

She did, however, gild the stones around the arch, to success.

Sleeping Beauty Castle 2019 Refurb copy 2.jpg

Used sparingly, it's dramatic. Used everywhere, it's tacky.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 450145

The best insiders don't double down on assumptions and surmisings. Which is what you're doing.

I said it could be pink. I also said it's possible that it may not. I'm not going to double down on one way or the other without official quotes (which GMA is not, and the Disney social media has been wrong about stuff in the past), or, I get a confirmation from an insider who knows what the Pantone number is going to be.

MouseBrayden

The best insiders don't double down on assumptions and surmisings. Which is what you're doing.

I'm not assuming, I'm TELLING you what I've SEEN. There's an actual paint swatch for this specific application on the castle and it's literally called rose gold. I didn't pull that out of my head, or read into 2013 Yellow Shoes 50th marketing they put up at D23. My only intention in highlighting the article from a Disney source calling part of the castle "rose-pink" in this overhaul is presenting some psudo-verification for my past claims. This has been in the works for 6+ months. You don't have to believe me. But after months and months of being crapped on by people deified on this forum that were literally saying I made it up, don't expect me to be silent about it.

Last edited:

Dizguy1971

Brayden with all due respect, @MisterPenguin is correct here.

Of course the Twitter account of Disney Parks will retweet a GMA article talking about the parks, because it's mainstream media covering a park story. Often times I've seen other mainstream media add embellishments or "takes" to stories that create a level of confusion around Park stories, as they don't work directly with Disney Parks or WDI on these projects and thus don't really know all the details. Plus mainstream media often don't have the same vested interest for details that dedicated Disney news outlets do.

I would agree with you, if this was a quote from an imagineer or Parks representative, but at the moment, this article is written by a GMA journalist that says "appears", meaning it is this person's perspective on what we're looking at.

On a side note, curious to know what happened to your original "Rose Gold Castle" video from September? As it would be great if you made it public again, so people can judge for themselves what your "sources" originally said vs. what is now happening, as I seem to remember the video also talking about an iridescent coating to the castle as well.

So by this standard, since nothing you post comes directly from Disney we should not believe anything you post... And you REALLY think that Disney is going to allow an article to be published that has NOT been reviewed by Disney's PR team especially being that its coming from a source under the same umbrella. And furthermore, why are you splitting hairs here, is your ego that big that you cant admit someone was correct. Call it whatever you want, the castle will now have a pink hue to it similar to other castles around the world.

ImperfectPixie

I can't really tell if everyone on here is being serious! An argument over what kind of pink it is? Or gold or ... *sorry, I fell asleep for a second there*

And is it really worth picking a fight with a kid about it.
There's at least a few of us here for which being able to discern one color from another is part of our jobs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom