Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Four years after the pavilion was opened by the Crown Prince of Norway.

Hardly south. Disney bought them out.

You don’t have to preach to me. The Mouse has enough money to run - and add to - Showcase all by itself.
But the fundamental problem....and why I play the Nancy...is they will not.

I assume it’s they don’t want to start the “slide” by changing their terms...and they don’t think there’s an advantage to paying themselves...or it would have happened already

Last edited:

HiJe

If I remember correctly, Epcot came together by combining 2 different ideas, FW and WS, and pushing them together. Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if it has ever been considered to split the 2 areas apart again and create separate parks.

Add 7 or 8 more countries to the WS and have that be 1 park, and do literally anything with FW and make that another. I know this is unlikely, a logistical nightmare, and would cost a ton, but thought it would be interesting.

Rich Brownn

If I remember correctly, Epcot came together by combining 2 different ideas, FW and WS, and pushing them together. Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if it has ever been considered to split the 2 areas apart again and create separate parks.

Add 7 or 8 more countries to the WS and have that be 1 park, and do literally anything with FW and make that another. I know this is unlikely, a logistical nightmare, and would cost a ton, but thought it would be interesting.
Yes, originally it was Epcot Future World Theme Center (which would have been down by 192) which would mark the entrance to all WDW. Then PeopleMovers would connect to satellite (Magic Kingdom, World Showcase, etc). Then it was combined with World Showcase as the entrance and Future World in the back. When it turned out there were plenty of corporate sponsors but few countries, they flopped it. It'd be hard to separate them into two parks now though.

Phicinfan

Okay here is the confusion, mostly too many, like me reading into what @marni1971 has stated:

Postponed.
then:
It actually carried on for a while with no sponsor. Then uncle Bob decided he wouldn’t pay.
then:
No, it was designed beforehand and the companies were invited to sponsor all or part of what was offered.

This one came so close. Probably as close as Africa did.

So some of us took it to mean it was dead in the water. Just goes to show folks, read what is written, not what we thought was written.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ll offer a suggestion (which nobody will take...so I’ll be here in the corner ifanyone needs me...):

Instead of chasing tails about concept designs, self-righteous imagineering leaks, analyzing the foreign tourist market, debating where they’re gonna put the giant Jesus statue, etc., etc., etc....

Only pay heed to news of a FINANCIAL nature. As in who’s gonna pony up the cash to Disney. That is the problem...the only problem...and the only thing to give time of day.

It’s the whole shebang...the reason they don’t build countries is the model is broken. Countries were done and paid for in a completely different time. Management priorities, media and technology have all changed.

It is what it is...that is what it is.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’ll offer a suggestion (which nobody will take...so I’ll be here in the corner ifanyone needs me...):

Instead of chasing tails about concept designs, self-righteous imagineering leaks, analyzing the foreign tourist market, debating where they’re gonna put the giant Jesus statue, etc., etc., etc....

Only pay heed to news of a FINANCIAL nature. As in who’s gonna pony up the cash to Disney. That is the problem...the only problem...and the only thing to give time of day.

It’s the whole shebang...the reason they don’t build countries is the model is broken. Countries were done and paid for in a completely different time. Management priorities, media and technology have all changed.

It is what it is...that is what it is.
🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom