Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Reactions: SPOILERS

Darkprime

Bluray release confirmed for March 31st which means digital should be 3-4 weeks from now.
51va1h49gph41.png

Mouse Trap

While this article is going quite a bit overboard, Star Wars is a prime example of the evil that has become the Hollywood production line. Films are now baked into hard schedules to meet the demands of earnings reports and Wall Street analysts.

A film like Star Wars should’ve been given years and years of time to develop and get the entirety of the trilogy fleshed out. The whole schedule and way the saga was treated like a manufacturing line was its doom.

Id go as far as saying this isn’t to blame on the directors and writers. It’s an immense amount of pressure to have your paycheck, livelihood and future rest on pumping out a film on a rigid schedule with minimal creative support and flexibility, but then again they knew what they were getting into.

Star Wars was put into a position to flounder and it’s a damn shame.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While this article is going quite a bit overboard, Star Wars is a prime example of the evil that has become the Hollywood production line. Films are now baked into hard schedules to meet the demands of earnings reports and Wall Street analysts.

A film like Star Wars should’ve been given years and years of time to develop and get the entirety of the trilogy fleshed out. The whole schedule and way the saga was treated like a manufacturing line was its doom.

Id go as far as saying this isn’t to blame on the directors and writers. It’s an immense amount of pressure to have your paycheck, livelihood and future rest on pumping out a film on a rigid schedule with minimal creative support and flexibility, but then again they knew what they were getting into.

I don’t disagree with you at all...

Now that the movie has ended its run...i was putting this out specifically because this CLOWN completely switched his tune...he wrote pro-Disney, pro- Kennedy, pro-studio system crap for weeks. Patronizing the public and anyone who said this situation was a problem/failure.

Star Wars fans are a pain in the butt...no doubt. trekkies On steroids. But I’ve never understood the hate they get when they know there’s a problem. Disney scoff at them - this moron pushed it...it was wrong in the prequel era and it was wrong now.

Hollywood and it’s corporate overlords can’t stand to be called out when it fails. That’s true of Disney in its other businesses as well.

Never lie to your customers on something they love...you’ll lose.

Last edited:

rowrbazzle

I don’t disagree with you at all...

Now that the movie has ended its run...i was putting this out specifically because this CLOWN completely switched his tune...he wrote pro-Disney, pro- Kennedy, pro-studio system crap for weeks. Patronizing the public and anyone who said this situation was a problem/failure.

Star Wars fans are a pain in the butt...no doubt. trekkies On steroids. But I’ve never understood the hate they get when they know there’s a problem. Disney scoff at them - this moron pushed it...it was wrong in the prequel era and it was wrong now.

Hollywood and it’s corporate overlords can’t stand to be called out when it fails. That’s true of Disney in its other businesses as well.

Never lie to your customers on something they love...you’ll lose.

I think he actually agrees with you. There are multiple articles on the disappointment with Rise and the movies overall and problems/challenges faced by Kennedy and Disney going forward. This article seems perfectly consistent with those previous articles.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think he actually agrees with you. There are multiple articles on the disappointment with Rise and the movies overall and problems/challenges faced by Kennedy and Disney going forward. This article seems perfectly consistent with those previous articles.
This guy was patronizing...he didn’t like the movie but he was trolling anyone suggesting it wasn’t a hit...likely to ingratiate himself to disney

...and did a full heel turn here

rowrbazzle

This guy was patronizing...he didn’t like the movie but he was trolling anyone suggesting it wasn’t a hit...likely to ingratiate himself to disney

...and did a full heel turn here

I guess I missed those articles. It's not trolling to say that the movie was a financial success, but still an overall disappointment and Disney is now in a difficult position. That's a reasoned, measured opinion.

Screamface

I think it's fair to put some blame on one of the writers, but the ultimate blame goes to the top of Lucasfilm.

There was a plan for a trilogy, multiple people who worked on the films have stated this. Arndt's duties involved not just a script but a treatment for a trilogy. JJ and Kasdan also left a treatment for a trilogy. How detailed any of this was, we don't know.

What we do know is that this was completely ignored and thrown out for The Last Jedi. Those running it let this happen without coming up with a treatment for the third film. They then refused to reconfigure or alter The Last Jedi after a main actor died. That film in how it was written and refused to address Carrie's death was in no way favourable or easy for a sequel.

I know people like that film, I'm not here to argue it but there's a bunch of factors and missteps around that film which completely doomed the trilogy. It just wasn't written as a middle chapter and I think those running Lucasfilm thought writing Star Wars films was as easy as cranking out a Transformers movie.

Joesixtoe

I think this is better and doesn't negate episode 6. Disney was probably wrong in bringing him back, but atleast let them try and fix it.

erasure fan1

I think this is better and doesn't negate episode 6. Disney was probably wrong in bringing him back, but atleast let them try and fix it.
I'd say it's better than no explanation, but it still doesn't help the trilogy all that much. What I do find funny is Kennedy saying, unlike marvel we don't have years of comics and stories to draw from. And then goes and uses a plot device of one of the most famous EU stories. I don't mind them going that route, I just wish they would have started the sequels with it. Not shoehorn it in after the trilogy is complete.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They always say the best way to Handle quicksand is to flail and scream as much as possible as you go down.
Well yeah. He didn’t survive that death star explosion.
That was so not at all obvious...or even suggested...in the movie.

At least the parts I was awake for 🤪
How do you fix a dumpster on fire? Don’t think maaco can get the paint job quite right again.
Probably not a great thing when after 3 movies, the studio still needs to provide subtext months after the final movie release.
Think?
I'd say it's better than no explanation, but it still doesn't help the trilogy all that much. What I do find funny is Kennedy saying, unlike marvel we don't have years of comics and stories to draw from. And then goes and uses a plot device of one of the most famous EU stories. I don't mind them going that route, I just wish they would have started the sequels with it. Not shoehorn it in after the trilogy is complete.
I’d say it’s time to shut up and fire a few people. Maybe get someone with a personality and a bit of intestinal fortitude to admit defeat, scorch the earth and promise to do better...

...then actually do better. Hey, Bobs, you want to build a rep as creative? Save this and get a little pride back. Ya made the prequels look more coherent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom