News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Animaniac93-98

Could be worse...
Cinderella-Castle-Cake_WDWMagic.jpg

I am the ONLY person who wants birthday cake castle to come back for the 50th.

I've learned to live with that.

Corgi

If Disneyland locals are able to handle their castle getting a month or year long decoration for their 60th Anniversary. Then you can survive the Cinderella Castle refurb.

Sure, it won’t be a trip ruiner. But I only get to go to WDW once every few years and I’d like to get to see the castle uncovered by construction.

BrerJon

It's a very similar color scheme to the Shanghai Disneyland castle, and has hints towards Paris as well.

Seeing as Tokyo's castle is almost identical to MK's, if they did this paint job there then all the castles would have a similar hue across the world.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I REALLY hope that the castle won’t be under construction while I’m there in July... :( It’s so ugly and ruins the magic

but I do love what they’re doing to the castle!
If Disneyland locals are able to handle their castle getting a month or year long decoration for their 60th Anniversary. Then you can survive the Cinderella Castle refurb.

"unmagical day at the magic kingdom"

yensidtlaw1969

I think this exact design gets a little too heavy-handed with the gold in a few places, but conceptually this is basically what I'd hoped for out of a 50th refresh. It's Cinderella Castle as we've always known and loved her, just dressed up for the occasion. If in the execution the gilding ends up slightly more refined than it appears in the art I'll be a very happy camper.

They've come a lot closer to getting it right than I think I was prepared to expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom